2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Notices

2016 Old Hickory Fun Run - Nashville TN - July 28-30

Old 05-31-2016, 09:29 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
Is the downtown trip booked up now? I know there were limited spots, but would definitely like to do that part of the run.
It only had a limited number of folks that could lock through on the main part of the event. There are two options and one is just to get up and head out early. You could lock through the dam about 9:30am or so then we could all head back. The problem is that the raft up location is small and everyone that goes through the docks on the early section needs to raft up on the EAST SIDE of the river. That is the side next to the TN Titans Stadium and walk across the pedestrian bridge. When we head back you guys will need to leave no later than about 1:30 or so heading back. We will give everyone details of the Thursday event when you check in and if you didn't get signed up in time we will try (AND I MEAN TRY!) to accommodate as best we can. We can also try and get you in a boat that has empty seats which would be the best option!

We have a small lock and I have guaranteed 30 boats plus the sponsors get to make the 11:00 lock.I will have someone at the lock checking wrist bands and if you don't have one I can't let you in the lock. If you attempt to circumvent the rules you will be cast out of the event a coward and a rule breaker! We are trying out best to get everyone down there I promise but we already have our 30 entries and if one comes available from a cancellation then I will make that spot available.

Chad

Email me with other questions at:

[email protected]
or
[email protected]
Old 05-31-2016, 09:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

We have over 100 now and the entries just keep coming... This will be the biggest run Nashville has ever seen!

We are working on logistics and will let everyone know soon but the downtown trip is limited to 30 entries with sponsors... Help me out here guys and I will be contacting the 30 entries and the sponsor boats and finding out how many empty seats we have!

Thanks,

Chad
Old 05-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Registered

I'm assuming those that were able to purchase the "ticket" on Eventbrite are included in the 30 boats. Is that correct?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by chewymalone
I'm assuming those that were able to purchase the "ticket" on Eventbrite are included in the 30 boats. Is that correct?
yes if you have a ticket you will be given a wrist band and included in the trip downtown as planned.

Saw you guys out on Sunday and I blew the horn at you and you looked at me like I had two heads! I was in the Sea Ray just cruising...
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Registered

We saw you guys... the horn startled us I guess. We had the boys with us so we were laying low. Looked like you guys had quite a party going over there.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
We have over 100 now and the entries just keep coming... This will be the biggest run Nashville has ever seen!

We are working on logistics and will let everyone know soon but the downtown trip is limited to 30 entries with sponsors... Help me out here guys and I will be contacting the 30 entries and the sponsor boats and finding out how many empty seats we have!

Thanks,

Chad
No worries Chad....appreciate you trying to accommodate though. You made it clear when you started this thread that if folks wanted to go downtown, they needed to sign up early, but at the time, I didn't know if we were going to be able to make Nashville again this year.

How about slips this year? Slips were hard to come by last year, so with 100 boats already signed up, will there be ample slips available? Thanks for the information and your efforts putting this all together. TC
Old 06-03-2016, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

You don't need a slip Thomas! Just bring the OL beauty up and they will find you a spot!

No worries Chad....appreciate you trying to accommodate though. You made it clear when you started this thread that if folks wanted to go downtown, they needed to sign up early, but at the time, I didn't know if we were going to be able to make Nashville again this year.

How about slips this year? Slips were hard to come by last year, so with 100 boats already signed up, will there be ample slips available? Thanks for the information and your efforts putting this all together. TC
Old 06-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Registered

Mine worked fine last year at the public ramp. Forgot the name of it, but not far.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Two things....

First we are as most know a private marina area. There are very few slips but what we don't have in slips we make up in southern hospitality and we always raft off to several areas of the marina and if you come down I will make sure you have a location. Otherwise just raft off to someone and we all accommodate each other and honestly the ONLY time anyone worries about the slip or where to park is when you show up... By the time we get to boating that is the last of anyone's worries and we make it work! If you are set on a slip I can get you one at a marina that is close by water (less than 5 miles) but about 45 minute drive. I would suggest to stay near that marina but honestly if you haven't been here before raft off to the first boat you see and come on down and party! You will be rafted off on Friday and Saturday most of the day anyway and you will see we are a great time!!

Second - Anyone with a large trailer and especially the cat guys with tilts! I have a Travel Lift at our disposal. Our home marina just bought one across the lake and they have a travel lift so please contact me! You can put in a 42' boat with ease as any of the public ramps but the cat guys have to get deeper... (insert joke here!) and the water depth just isn't there so if you are bringing a 50' something or a cat on a tilt please let me know and you will receive separate instructions.

Also anyone who has registered will get a package by email two weeks prior to the event with locations to launch, and your hotels and stops and a link to download the APP for your phone. We will have the same APP from Lanier with our information so I can communicate easily with everyone and give you specific instructions. See everyone in a few weeks!!

[email protected]
615-533-5991
Old 06-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Travel Lift Availalbe for Launching!!!!

TRAVEL LIFT AVAILABLE!!!!!

For anyone bringing anything over 45' or all the CAT GUYS on a Tilt Trailer. We have a Travel Lift at Drakes Creek Marina at our disposal for the weekend. Especially if you are on a tilt trailer. You won't have any issues for V's unless you are 45' plus and I will send out specific launching instructions for all the out of town folks a couple weeks prior. Anyone wishing to use this service please contact me at:

615-533-5991

or email at:

[email protected]

Also we will have those locations on our SmartPhone App which will have a link ready by early Julyl. Look forward to seeing everyone soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.