1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 03-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Great to see the interest level and momentum building towards a great event supporting wonderful causes.

Hoping that we see many of our friends from the south come up to enjoy crystal clear waters, comfortable temperatures, and open stretches of water perfect for enjoying ultimate performance boats.

Expecting to see quite a fleet of MTI's to compliment an already impressive list of attendees.
Thanks Kelly!! Today I had someone who by his own description is a procrastinator text me that he's signing up Wednesday am to be sure he doesn't drag his feet and miss out! We are capping this first year at 75 boats. It's due to logistics and being 100% sure we deliver on everything in the best and most first class way possible. Interest has been amazing already. Thanks to all who have sent in photos already. Thank you in advance to the participants!

That leaves me with this comment. Thank you to the committee of 15+ who have made all the stars align to set up this event. A special thanks to my co chair Bobby C for working on this instead of his real job more than he should have. Ken from Five Star Tool and I have been talking about this for almost 18 months already. No substitute for his big Poker Run experience. Captain Morgan is a the dialing, promoting, recruiting, machine... Court has more experience in his pinky for event planning than we all do combined, lol, and Link brought the first poker run to Clayton with PRA 30 years ago. We have multiple USCG auxiliary who have volunteered to help us, People in The Bay and The Cape and The Burg all on board to make it a special day for us and them. We have the press, the chambers of commerce, River Hospital, TIERS ambulance and local fire departments on board. We have had lots of great guidance from the local NYS Park Police, NYS police and USCG Alex Bay... also volunteers for the many tasks reaching out to us and I am sure I'm forgetting something. (that's my specialty )

The point is it takes a large number of committed and passionate individuals to make something like this a success. I FIRMLY believe we have that. A team! A FANFREAKINGTASTIC team and I am eternally grateful for each and every one. Respect! Thank you all.

Registration starts in 4 days. Wednesday at 9 am the sign up button goes live.

Remember, It's 1000 times better in the 1000 Islands. See you here this July. If we don't see you in the Spring. we'll see you in the River. lol

Last edited by Rock Star 38; 03-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Not to rain on your parade as this sounds like a nice run but it would have been nice if you had picked a date different then Ropa's Battleship Run. ROPA has been holding this run for 27 years! The Battleship is a also great run in a beautiful location. Too bad that many performance boaters will have to choose between two runs only 150 miles apart.

I know that choosing dates is often not easy and many things enter into the decision. Hopefully next year the two organizations can get together and compromise on the dates so that both runs ard available to the Poker Runners and both charities can benefit.

Padraig
Old 03-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Not to rain on your parade as this sounds like a nice run but it would have been nice if you had picked a date different then Ropa's Battleship Run. ROPA has been holding this run for 27 years! The Battleship is a also great run in a beautiful location. Too bad that many performance boaters will have to choose between two runs only 150 miles apart.

I know that choosing dates is often not easy and many things enter into the decision. Hopefully next year the two organizations can get together and compromise on the dates so that both runs ard available to the Poker Runners and both charities can benefit.

Padraig
Padraig,

No rain here!! Not sure how you'd think that. Since you're aware of what goes into choosing a date I won't go too far into that but.. It was about the hotel availability, the marina availability, the host village events schedule and lots more. We had a different date, in a different village and for reasons I won't go on about here we lost our date. We lost, so we moved, the date and location. Our desire to raise big dollars for treatment of our active duty and veteran soldiers with PTS and TBI would not allow us to walk away for a year.

In November when we posted the date, this came up. Well, the Battleship run person who called and spoke to me was totally cool with it!!! Complimentary in fact on what we had laid out to do. We didn't pick the date, the date picked us. He understood that. We are both doing a charity event. We will both still do well for our causes. Performance boating is coming back BIG and there's room for both. We're bringing people in from all over the country as well as getting some River people back into doing a run who have been out for a while.

Both are beautiful locations. Both are charity events. Both should do well.

In the future and after we get this behind us, we told ROPA we'd speak and we'll try to work out the dates so there's even more summer weekends with great things happening. The more runs the better as you said!!

Thanks for writing and for following our event. If you would have liked to have done both, we're sorry. We'd love having you here. Maybe next year that can work out. Regards, Rock Star
Old 03-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Nice to know ROPA is OK with it. Hopefully next year I can do your run in addition to the Battleship and Buffalo runs.

Good luck,

Padraig
Old 03-11-2017, 02:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I wanted to do both runs but had to pick one. We have the hotel paid for July 13 thru the 16 - 1000 Island Harbor Hotel.

We are behind with the boat - Its a 2017 Brand New build 29 Lavey Craft - coming from Corona California , then to Texas then to Missouri, then to Fargo ND and on its way to the run. If by some chance it is not ready - we will have something in the water for the run. Thanks and a Ex New Yorker making its way back home slowly but surely. haha

Last edited by BUP; 03-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Registered

Riverside Media Group blew our logo out of the water..... Great job.

Last edited by BobbyC; 03-12-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

TIME TO ROCK 1000 ISLANDS.....
Old 03-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
I wanted to do both runs but had to pick one. We have the hotel paid for July 13 thru the 16 - 1000 Island Harbor Hotel.

We are behind with the boat - Its a 2017 Brand New build 29 Lavey Craft - coming from Corona California , then to Texas then to Missouri, then to Fargo ND and on its way to the run. If by some chance it is not ready - we will have something in the water for the run. Thanks and a Ex New Yorker making its way back home slowly but surely. haha
sounds like around the world in 80 days.. We're glad we can be a part of your adventure.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by badmonkey
TIME TO ROCK 1000 ISLANDS.....
tic toc tic toc tic toc

https://w2.countingdownto.com/1748101
Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Registered

tomorrow is the start of registration. 9 am EST www.1000islandsrun.com

thanks in advance for all your messages, calls and comments,

We're excited to be hosting you at this 100% charity event in the 1000 Islands. We will welcome you with open arms and volunteers and things to do for the whole family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.