1000 Islands Charity Poker Run >

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Notices

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run

Old 07-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default registration is ending soon

The cutoff is coming. Registration ends on 7/11/17 at 11:59 PM. If you plan to register, do it now. If you plan to add additional crew, do it now. If you have friends who are going to register, tell them to do it now. There's food to be ordered as well as all else that goes with an event like this that can't wait until the end. Registration is drawing to a close very soon.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Registered

Default Press Release

Press release 7/7/2017 at Clayton, New York

1000 Islands Charity Poker Run scheduled for the weekend of July 14th and 15th in Clayton, New York is still going to be conducted.

The primary recipient of this charity event is the River Community Wellness Program at River Hospital for the treatment of active duty and veteran soldiers with PTSD and TBI.

High water has been a concern for all of us river residence since the first days of this river season. We have heavily monitored the situation and have made adjustments as necessary to be good stewards of the river. All no wake zones will be respected and the governors order of 5 miles an hour within 600 feet of sure will be honored by all participants. We highly encourage all spectators to also respect these rules. It's to everybody's benefit.

The committee has the assistance of over 40 marshals on 20 Marshal boats strategically located along the route to mark slow zones. There are 3 safety boats with paramedics and divers as well as a helicopter over the entire route. We have an emergency shoreline plan put together with the assistance of TIERS covering the length of the route. There will be areas of single file and no wake.

All of our participants are happy to be able to be on the river and are excited to show the area is still open for business and to be a draw for business and charity in the region reaching from Cape Vincent all the way down to Ogdensburg.

The floating debris that the high water lifted off shore at the beginning of April has basically been gone from the river since late May. We would not jeopardize the safety of participants or spectators if debris was still an issue.

With national coverage of this event this is a unique opportunity to show off the area while still being respectful and courteous of property along the river.

There will be fire boats on the river in Clayton and in Alexandria Bay to signal when it is safe and to assist the marshals in being certain spectator boats are not in the middle of the route in congested areas.

The event begins early afternoon on Friday, July 14 in Clayton at Frink Park, on the streets, at O'Briens and at the 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel grounds.

The boats depart in front of the Clayton village pier on Saturday morning just after 10 AM.

Look for the exact route on Facebook at 1000 islands charity poker run Friday morning 14th of July.

Respectfully, The 1000 Islands Charity Poker Run Committee
Old 07-08-2017, 01:13 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Don't feel like the lone ranger, the Biotch sits in building with a sick drive just itching to go for a rip. My plotting and planning for a pair of new drives have been dashed by the side effects of mother natures high water, long involved story and you would have to had been there to understand. Rock Star might understand. Last I heard he was still looking for a seat for his azz as well.

Last ditch deal here is we all go to O'Brians boat rentals and get the hottest toner they got, then go out there and mix it up. We can mix up Bloody;s in the morning, Margaritas and Mojitos after lunch, then get into Sugarland Shine and Jack n coke in the afternoon.
So if we pool some others and rent a boat for all of us homeless non seaters - what can we rent for 24 hours or 48 hours. Hopefully something at least 60 mph and can hold up but prob need a 24 ft and up boat dor the run.

If anyone is serious about this boat rental deal speak up as it Needs to be done by Monday. Let me know ASAP THANKS
Old 07-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

BUP. probably better idea is to throw someone who has open seats some gas money lol good luck finding a rental performance boat haha
Old 07-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
So if we pool some others and rent a boat for all of us homeless non seaters - what can we rent for 24 hours or 48 hours. Hopefully something at least 60 mph and can hold up but prob need a 24 ft and up boat dor the run.

If anyone is serious about this boat rental deal speak up as it Needs to be done by Monday. Let me know ASAP THANKS
BUP,
O'Briens Boats is a small rental place right in Alex Bay; 10 miles away from Clayton, they rent pontoons, fish boats and a few runabouts. Aqua Mania also does some rentals, they are one of the run sponsors. I don't know of any rentals in the area that would have a boat, jet ski excepted, that would run 60.

I want to run up to see things but have not figured what we are going to do yet. May make a few calls and call in some favors. But then the long range weather is not looking real good right now. Just bring an XR. I've got a great hull, two very healthy 525's, one good XR, and tools, and I'll guarantee you your 60.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Is this poker run still on ? If so, are you guys coming down the river as far as Ogdensburg, New York ?
Approx. what time will you be between Brockville and Ogdensburg ?
Old 07-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
BUP,
O'Briens Boats is a small rental place right in Alex Bay; 10 miles away from Clayton, they rent pontoons, fish boats and a few runabouts. Aqua Mania also does some rentals, they are one of the run sponsors. I don't know of any rentals in the area that would have a boat, jet ski excepted, that would run 60.

I want to run up to see things but have not figured what we are going to do yet. May make a few calls and call in some favors. But then the long range weather is not looking real good right now. Just bring an XR. I've got a great hull, two very healthy 525's, one good XR, and tools, and I'll guarantee you your 60.
Swan bay has some pontoons and also has some center councils I believe he will rent as well. Give Rob a call.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

We have the space for 2 people but my princess would prefer a couple or 2 ladies. (I do not argue this one bit...lol) Sooooo if there is a normal fun couple who would like to ride along we have the space - you pay your registration fee.
If we keep the fuel under 1/3 tank and have a tail wind....I may be able to exceed 60mph....no promises there.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:53 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks everyone - I wanted something to enter in the run. I have a paid entry for a boat and a paid hotel the hotel prob now is completely not refundable this late in the game. I do know one day was non refundable about a month ago..

Its 1700 miles for me to travel with a boat in tow but I have been so busy with everyones boat, I did not want to leave any of my customers hanging so all my time since Feb has been in their boats, not mine.

So my next option was to ask for 2 seats to tag along with whomever. And of course I would chip in for gas money and if needed to offer service manuals and any other marine related stuff - test / clean fuel injectors and whatever else WITHIN REASON . Just saying as I do have something to offer other than gas money for the taking - on me for free.

My brother has never been nor enter into a poker run. The new 29 Lavey is not ready to be splashed as this was the boat for the event. I understand my problem not yours, but it does not hurt for me to at least ask for 2 seats. Just saying. THX
Old 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Thanks everyone - I wanted something to enter in the run. I have a paid entry for a boat and a paid hotel the hotel prob now is completely not refundable this late in the game. I do know one day was non refundable about a month ago..

Its 1700 miles for me to travel with a boat in tow but I have been so busy with everyones boat, I did not want to leave any of my customers hanging so all my time since Feb has been in their boats, not mine.

So my next option was to ask for 2 seats to tag along with whomever. And of course I would chip in for gas money and if needed to offer service manuals and any other marine related stuff - test / clean fuel injectors and whatever else WITHIN REASON . Just saying as I do have something to offer other than gas money for the taking - on me for free.

My brother has never been nor enter into a poker run. The new 29 Lavey is not ready to be splashed as this was the boat for the event. I understand my problem not yours, but it does not hurt for me to at least ask for 2 seats. Just saying. THX
I am not going to this run but have talked and had dinner with Bup at a couple of the Buffalo Poker Runs. He is one of the good guys, whoever gives him a ride will not regret it. He has also helped many people on the forum with drive and engine problems. Really hoping someone one steps up and offers a ride.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.