Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info) >

2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info)

Notices

2017 Tickfaw 200 May 4th-6th (General Help and Info)

Old 01-08-2017, 11:19 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

I don't remember telling any they couldn't take the boat out. Other then on Saturday afternoon night because of the marina is full of people motorhomes and boats in the canal .. sorry for your issues with retrieving but can't with the amount of stuff and limited space we can't have the extra mess of getting boats outs while it's still going on. As soon as the canals is clear on Sunday it's a line of boats taking out at the marina.

If it was the guy on the tractor that told you that. He quit about half way through the morning on Sunday and will not be back this year.

Last edited by caseyh; 01-08-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know buy we will probably not leave till Tuesday.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh
I don't remember telling any they couldn't take the boat out. Other then on Saturday afternoon night because of the marina is full of people motorhomes and boats in the canal .. sorry for your issues with retrieving but can't with the amount of stuff and limited space we can't have the extra mess of getting boats outs while it's still going on. As soon as the canals is clear on Sunday it's a line of boats taking out at the marina.

If it was the guy on the tractor that told you that. He quit about half way through the morning on Sunday and will not be back this year.
I hope you resolve that this year for sure, I was not the only frustrated boat owner, that was a real douche-bag move on your tractor operators part.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
Good to know buy we will probably not leave till Tuesday.
Good plan.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trippin
Good plan.
It's not a plan, I'm just lazy.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:45 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Trippin
I hope you resolve that this year for sure, I was not the only frustrated boat owner, that was a real douche-bag move on your tractor operators part.
Won't take them out on Saturday afternoon at the marina. Sunday its wide open and as for the 2 that just quit and left with out saying a word they won't be back. They were paid very well on top of it.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

damn casey I didn't know you had those issues last year. that sucks!!! anyone of us running a business knows how hard it is to find and keep good help...I know this only happens once a year but you'd think for the pay they'd take care of the people they are paid to take care of!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Registered

If you need shore power you can dock at Marina Del Rey in Madisonville they have slips with power and they are very reasonable. They have a launch ramp and trailer storage also. Been keeping my boat there for years and never had any issues at all.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:19 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Looking forward to the poker run, I had a group of friends that went last year and said its a blast. So we're joining them this year!!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Saturday afternoon is not the day to try and pull the boat out in the middle of the party. Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know why you would even want to attempt it in the middle of everything going on. I would use the ramp by the bridge if I wanted to leave.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.