Boyne Thunder 2017

Old 03-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a chance. I stick to the east side in tinypeckerville
Old 03-02-2017, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Well...I have a little dick, a small slow boat, and very shallow pockets.....

I can tell you I have had en excellent time and been treated great every year I have gone to Boyne, both as a volunteer and a participant.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Watched the videos of last year run and did not see one single engine boat in the run. I understand it was really rough but even sitting around at the docks that were full, still did not see one single engine boat. If I get in the run, I will have a single engine boat - heck at least its brand new 2017 model that no one has ever seen before in person. That new fiberglass smell.

My thoughts in the back of mind - is hoping the last 15 spots are not on the buddy system for the new entries.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP

My thoughts in the back of mind - is hoping the last 15 spots are not on the buddy system for the new entries.
Well I can tell you this, the first year I got into the run with the Avanti... I pressed send as fast as I could like everybody else the minute open registration began. Despite, knowing Bob, Tracy, and Pete for years before the run, despite having gone to boyne the two previous years as a volunteer to help, I was given no preferential treatment, no special code or none of that stuff.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:23 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Well I can tell you this, the first year I got into the run with the Avanti... I pressed send as fast as I could like everybody else the minute open registration began. Despite, knowing Bob, Tracy, and Pete for years before the run, despite having gone to boyne the two previous years as a volunteer to help, I was given no preferential treatment, no special code or none of that stuff.
This must have been the run that GlassDave reported publically you needed a fresh diaper and your mom had to come get you ? You know I had to mess with you. still laugh over GlassDave saying give this guy a fresh diaper.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:25 AM
Registered

Year before actually.....

And you think it was bad here...you dont see him several times a week...... lol.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
I share the same thoughts, new blood is rare. Hell every year all the boats look the same. Deep pockets and big dicks are the theme for this run in my mind. Registration Should be first come first serve no matter if you ran the year before or not.
Actually, Travis...Boyne is the EXACT opposite of what you think it is. Not at all a "big swingin' dick" contest...in fact, one of the friendliest Runs I've ever attended. Of all the runs I've done...I've wound up with more close friends from meeting them at Boyne. It is exactly this prevailing attitude of friendliness and welcoming by the entire community up there (not JUST the other boaters) that makes it such a desirable event to attend.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:38 AM
Registered

Local peaple I chatt withe aroaund her think the same abouet it as I do. Maybe it's the videus online that make it look that whay. The avent is drivin by deep pckets. Deep pockets get you spotz in line, certain slipz ext. The phuckin workin man don't have a chance.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Registered

And remember I am the mutt... Lowlife white trash
Old 03-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
Local peaple I chatt withe aroaund her think the same abouet it as I do. Maybe it's the videus online that make it look that whay. The avent is drivin by deep pckets. Deep pockets get you spotz in line, certain slipz ext. The phuckin workin man don't have a chance.
Before you propogate the rumors, maybe assuage the negative attitude with real feedback from real people that have done the event. You KNOW people that have done it. It's not the fault of the organizers that they put on a highly desirable event...they do everything they can to keep it grassroots...but they aren't about to turn away $$ for a charity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.