Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
28th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run, July 20-22, 2018 - Seneca Lake, New York >

28th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run, July 20-22, 2018 - Seneca Lake, New York

Notices

28th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run, July 20-22, 2018 - Seneca Lake, New York

Old 01-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 28th Rochester Offshore Battleship Run, July 20-22, 2018 - Seneca Lake, New York

Some long term OSO members might think I'd get tired of writing up and posting a new thread every year for the Rochester Offshore Powerboat Association's annual Battleship Run on Seneca Lake with this being the 28th year. (Yes, you read that right - twenty eighth!) But no, I kind of look forward to it every year. Heck, the first year the club ran the event, we actually had a few folks show up with - then new - infamous Mercruiser 454 / Alpha Drive combination - and they hadn't blown them up yet! (They're pretty well all blown up now though.) ROPA President (for life) Bill Krystan had his Chaparral Villain and was only on his 17th custom built Spinelli Brothers prop - and was still going exactly 63 MPH. (He would continue to go 63 MPH through dozens more props and for many more years before finally finding the winning combination - a new boat.) Other fun facts from the day: A hull with "steps" was a feature that made it easier to board. A mullet hair cut was still fashionable. A Flip Phone was actually cool. (Mine still is, right?) High performance outboards were considered loud, stinky and fast. And the people who drove them were considered social outcasts. (Ok, so that hasn't changed.)

But some things haven't changed. For instance, the ROPA Battleship Run is still one of the most cost effective runs anywhere in the country. (I can best describe the entry fees as "unbelievably reasonable.") The run still takes place on beautiful Seneca Lake in upstate New York. The lake and the facilities (The Showboat and Rainbow Cove Hotels) are still great places to stay, dock, eat, drink and relax. The ROPA staffers that put in countless hours preparing for and putting on the run are cheerful, hard working and friendly to a fault. Better yet, the run still attracts some of the most down to earth high performance boaters one can find anywhere. And that's probably the biggest reason why the Battleship Run continues to be one of the best things about the 3rd weekend in July every single year.

So I guess it's time for me to officially announce the 28th ROPA Battleship Run on Seneca Lake. As the post title says, it will be held on the weekend of July 20-22, 2018. You can find all of the details and sign up for the run by going to the ROPA web site:https://www.rochesteroffshore.org/

The signup isn't ready just yet, but will be shortly. As usual, I'll be there with my Mercury outboard trailing a wonderful wisp of 2 stroke blue mist for everyone to follow.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh Boy!!!!!! A sure sign spring is coming!

Padraig
Old 01-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just a friendly reminder to all ROPA members that the club's annual Holiday Party is this coming Saturday - January 20th. You can still purchase tickets through the club web site. And I'm almost positive that at least a few guests will be talking about next year's Battleship Run at the party. Oh, and a little spoiler alert. Stella and I plan on being happily married by the time we attend this year's run!
Old 01-18-2018, 04:12 PM
Registered

Can't make the party but have a drink for Darlene and me.
Congrats on the engagement.

Padraig
Old 01-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

2108 registration is now online. You can register online or print out and mail in the form. There is an early registration discount so get in early and save some $ before it expires.
Go to www.rochesteroffshore.org to register. If interested in a front sponsor dock we are also starting a waiting list so get on that early as well.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't know abut everyone else, but I am soooo done with winter and ready to pull the boat out of storage. Looking forward to another great run on beautiful Seneca Lake!
Old 04-23-2018, 01:33 PM
Registered

Can anyone tell me when the early registration ends????
Thanks,

Padraig
Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This looks like the right time to make the reminder announcement. I know many of us still have our boats in storage but the early registration discount ends on May 31. Don't hesitate- Do it now!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Registered

OK.
Thanks,

Padraig
Old 04-25-2018, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Rumor has it that next week we are going to break the 70 degree mark and sunshine, so I guess its time to start getting the boats ready. Anybody looking for a solid pokerrun, laid back and overall inexpensive. Check out the Battleship Run. Beautiful Setting on Seneca Lake. Feel free to PM me if you need any additional information or recommendations. I am here to help. I will be there with the Bunny Lounge again this summer. Looking forward to it.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser