Notices

Destin

Old 04-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Destin

We have been trying to get to Destin for a few yrs and just haven't been able to find the time but this yr we are going. I see this run is now split this yr and being a FPC member for several years I just assumed that I would go with Stu but I just thought I would ask what others that have been doing this run think are the pros and cons of the two groups and which run others on here will be doing.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve been on this Poker Run sense the first one. It’s a awesome event. I’m going to try and do both this year. I’m not sure if I’m going to stay all week. (New Black Lab puppy named Mercury) will have a sitter. 7 weeks old tomorrow. I think it’s going to be a awesome week. Let’s hear what everyone else will be doing. I’m sure you will have a awesome time.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Last year was a real challenge with the various groups attending the same events, running the same waterways, etc.. It was unsafe running for a boat like mine and we ended up just parking at the dock.

We are sticking with Stu and have registered for the following weekend. The only downside is no rest for Ozarks the following weekend!
Old 04-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Emerald Coast Poker Run

Been doing this run for a long time, been on the board, and am from Destin. Been seeing a lot of trash talk towards Emerald Coast Foundation that just isn't true and that bugs me. Who does that? Its a charity! They went their separate ways, thats it! These ECF guys have been the boots on the ground organizing the whole week since day 1. The local business community is in huge support of them, they are doing a separate Friday run, a LONG run for powerboats. Can still pile up at Juanas. They'll be announcing that run shortly and hear its awesome. Local businesses are jumping in support and to make it great, just like always. Besides,all the $$ here goes to charity. Just need to get the word out, its 2 separate runs man, this one is BOAT WEEK, the original one for 26 years, Aug 8 thru 12. Its not a "split" run. 2 separate.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Well I might be able to answer my own question at the end of August as I'm trying to work it it out to do both runs.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 306 Likes on 154 Posts

I posted elsewhere. I'm new (returning after almost 30 years) to Pensacola and would like a couple of local poker runs that are geared towards a boat like mine (Formula 311 with twin big blocks)...suggestions?
Thanks,
Tom