Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Kuttawa Cannonball Run 2018 (KY Lake) | June 22~23, 2018 | Kuttawa, KY >

Kuttawa Cannonball Run 2018 (KY Lake) | June 22~23, 2018 | Kuttawa, KY

Notices

Kuttawa Cannonball Run 2018 (KY Lake) | June 22~23, 2018 | Kuttawa, KY

Old 06-26-2018, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 425 Likes on 257 Posts

I have a suggestion. How about making Breakers the first card stop next year. That way all of you fast guys can run out your boats and it would make the current first stops not so cluster fukked. Then everyone would be spread out on the way back to hit the stops at their leisure.
Old 06-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Thanks Joe. Some of the stops were a clusterfuk - particularly Big Bear, but Moor's was not really any better. Green Turtle didn't have any chips nor did the dock hands know about a poker run (WTF??). They were all informed and recieved a call the week prior to confirm readiness.

I'm taking all feedback and compiling that into a list of items to consider for next year.

If we want this thing to grow, we've got some homework to do. But for our 2nd year, we feel pretty good about the event - and have received primarily positive feedback and support. But you know me, I'm overly critical - so I'm going to make several suggestions to the people who worked the event. We can do better! :-)

Terry

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
I have a suggestion. How about making Breakers the first card stop next year. That way all of you fast guys can run out your boats and it would make the current first stops not so cluster fukked. Then everyone would be spread out on the way back to hit the stops at their leisure.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Terry, Overall I thought the run went well but if you are taking suggestions I'm going to agree with Joe that the chip stops need some work. The Moors was OK but in place of trying to get up to the gas dock with the rest of the weekend traffic consider putting a "Chip Boat" out in the area to the south of the gas docks that would allow boats to circle around for a chip. The Big Bear stop just needs to be eliminated its to congested and we actually jumped out of line and just picked up two chips at Kenlake. The Kenlake stop was a 100x better than last year but again consider a chip boat in an easily accessible area. Breakers was great the service was excellent and a huge improvement over last year. All just growing pains but I appreciate all the work that has gone into getting a top notch poker run back on Kentucky lake.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:55 PM
Registered

Thank you sir!
Originally Posted by bigredbaja
Hi Terry, Overall I thought the run went well but if you are taking suggestions I'm going to agree with Joe that the chip stops need some work. The Moors was OK but in place of trying to get up to the gas dock with the rest of the weekend traffic consider putting a "Chip Boat" out in the area to the south of the gas docks that would allow boats to circle around for a chip. The Big Bear stop just needs to be eliminated its to congested and we actually jumped out of line and just picked up two chips at Kenlake. The Kenlake stop was a 100x better than last year but again consider a chip boat in an easily accessible area. Breakers was great the service was excellent and a huge improvement over last year. All just growing pains but I appreciate all the work that has gone into getting a top notch poker run back on Kentucky lake.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

Terry,Great event and weather. I really enjoyed the weekend and plan on returning next year. Thank you all for the efforts you put into making this happen.
Here are my thoughts/suggestions for improvement.It is advertised as a two day event but really nothing happening on Friday. I heard several people say they thought the short run was on Friday and long run on Saturday and were planning to attend both. Maybe?Another idea I would be up for is on Friday would be an organized loop from Barkley, lock out run the Cumberland to the Ohio down to the Tennessee and lock into Kentucky then chill at the raft-up.The short run seemed to be an afterthought with no real event. Perhaps at the drivers meeting you could get the short boats together so they know who is going on the that run and can meet and group as they may. Also, if any problems were to happen they would be recognized as part of the run by the others. A stop at Moore’s would also be nice as a leg stretcher.More large white event shirts and maybe sell hats for the event. Thanks again for the event and looking forward to next year.

Gary
Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Registered

Thanks Gary!

Originally Posted by GLENAMY 242SS
Terry,Great event and weather. I really enjoyed the weekend and plan on returning next year. Thank you all for the efforts you put into making this happen.
Here are my thoughts/suggestions for improvement.It is advertised as a two day event but really nothing happening on Friday. I heard several people say they thought the short run was on Friday and long run on Saturday and were planning to attend both. Maybe?Another idea I would be up for is on Friday would be an organized loop from Barkley, lock out run the Cumberland to the Ohio down to the Tennessee and lock into Kentucky then chill at the raft-up.The short run seemed to be an afterthought with no real event. Perhaps at the drivers meeting you could get the short boats together so they know who is going on the that run and can meet and group as they may. Also, if any problems were to happen they would be recognized as part of the run by the others. A stop at Moore’s would also be nice as a leg stretcher.More large white event shirts and maybe sell hats for the event. Thanks again for the event and looking forward to next year.

Gary