Notices

Panhandle Boating Events

Old 03-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Panhandle Boating Events

Anyone know of any power boating events along the panhandle of Florida? Preferably Apalachicola to Orange Beach. We spend most time boating between Panama City Beach and Pensacola.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 Outlaw Bad Influence
Anyone know of any power boating events along the panhandle of Florida? Preferably Apalachicola to Orange Beach. We spend most time boating between Panama City Beach and Pensacola.
I am new to powerboating in the area. I am trying to rebuild after hurricane Sally last year. I believe the Emerald Coast Poker Run is the big one. I am on the Old River side of Perdido Key and hopefully we'll have an open dock gathering later this summer. I am encouraging flybuys and visits from my offshoreonly Friends
Old 03-29-2021, 08:31 AM
Registered

Default Flyby

I may have communicated with you before, but IM me some location/landmark info and we’ll do our best. Emerald Coast seems to get canceled lately. Not sure about this year.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm going to be in Perdido Key later this month. What are some dock bar / boater hang outs in the area?
Old 04-09-2021, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Little off topic, we have boated from Ft Walton to Florabama, we would like to go from Ft,Walton to Panama city,. Can it be done by the IC without much hassle?
Old 04-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Registered

We boat between Panama City and Destin often. That run is easy. No no wake zones accept at Destin bridge /Crab Island. The run from there is in Santa Rosa Sound. Never done that part, but is short to Ft.Walton so suspect it’s fine. Just a little over an hour for us from Destin to Panama City.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Hopefully, when my dock is fully functional, we will be able to host some gatherings near Florabama, etc...and join some runs to Destin/Ft. Walton.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Little off topic, we have boated from Ft Walton to Florabama, we would like to go from Ft,Walton to Panama city,. Can it be done by the IC without much hassle?
We boat between Panama City and Destin often. That run is easy. No no wake zones accept at Destin bridge /Crab Island. The run from there is in Santa Rosa Sound. Never done that part, but is short to Ft.Walton so suspect it’s fine. Just a little over an hour for us from Destin to Panama City.
To get from Ft. Walton to Panama City on the inside, don't you have to go across, to the east side of the Choctawhatchee bay, grab the IC there?
Depending on where he's leaving from in Ft. Walton he might not be in Santa Rosa sound?
Or he'd never go through the East Pass/ Destin bridge?
I'm asking to clarify for myself also.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:20 PM
Registered

Correct. East across Choctawatchee bay. You will pass on the north side of Crab Island (not an island but a big boater hangout that’s shallow). Across the bay east, then into what is essentially a long wide ditch they dug between Choctawatchee bay and West Bay. Then south through the bay to St Andrews bay. Shell Island is the hangout there.

Last edited by 26 Outlaw Bad Influence; 04-09-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Registered

We have a place at the Origin condo across the street from Sharky’s on Panama City Beach. Also kids in Pensacola, so we’re at one or the other but mostly Shell Island or Crab Island.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.