Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Pirates of Lanier poker run, Sept 14th-17th 2023 (Atlanta Georgia) >

Pirates of Lanier poker run, Sept 14th-17th 2023 (Atlanta Georgia)

Notices

Pirates of Lanier poker run, Sept 14th-17th 2023 (Atlanta Georgia)

Old 09-09-2023, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 47 Posts

20 is fine to run, but it has grown up and depends on time can be pretty busy in few spots.We use to come 20 to 369 a lot and it was great, but population has grown. Just try to avoid school bus times.
The following users liked this post:
Cash Bar (09-09-2023)
Old 09-18-2023, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 504 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyChatham
20 is fine to run, but it has grown up and depends on time can be pretty busy in few spots.We use to come 20 to 369 a lot and it was great, but population has grown. Just try to avoid school bus times.
20 wasn't to bad other than the amount of stop lights. Great pic you got of us and the other 2 AT's together on the run.
ScottyChatham (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
20 wasn't to bad other than the amount of stop lights. Great pic you got of us and the other 2 AT's together on the run.
I wish Saturday weather had been as nice as Sunday. We still had a blast!!!
My Cigarette was still in Sarasota so we borrowed a Hustler that a friend is trying to sell to do the run.
Cash Bar (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 03:48 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Saw the three AT's up the creek near Hideaway playing ring-around-the-rosy on the card/lunch debate. LOL

Hope everyone had a blast in spite of the weather. We did. The Airship turned some heads this weekend. Running mid 60s/70s for most of the run. Someone asked me if it was a tugboat. LMAO
ScottyChatham (09-19-2023)
Old 09-19-2023, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Saw the three AT's up the creek near Hideaway playing ring-around-the-rosy on the card/lunch debate. LOL

Hope everyone had a blast in spite of the weather. We did. The Airship turned some heads this weekend. Running mid 60s/70s for most of the run. Someone asked me if it was a tugboat. LMAO
That was us. lol I was ready to hit the remaining stops, but some of the others wanted to eat. Bad decision, as we were there for 3 hrs waiting on that rain to stop. Oh by the way, we got to meet Willow down at the Villa while Yvonne was walking her. She's a pretty girl for sure!!!!
Cash Bar (09-20-2023)
Old 09-20-2023, 12:16 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bencini231
That was us. lol I was ready to hit the remaining stops, but some of the others wanted to eat. Bad decision, as we were there for 3 hrs waiting on that rain to stop. Oh by the way, we got to meet Willow down at the Villa while Yvonne was walking her. She's a pretty girl for sure!!!!
I'm usually the guy that makes the bad decisions about weather, but we tied up at the home dock right as the rain started. Had a nice lunch and then went to the ramp and pulled out while everyone else was stranded all over the lake waiting it out. The rare time I get to pat myself on the back LOL
We will be back next year with the new DCB coming for 2024.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I'm usually the guy that makes the bad decisions about weather, but we tied up at the home dock right as the rain started. Had a nice lunch and then went to the ramp and pulled out while everyone else was stranded all over the lake waiting it out. The rare time I get to pat myself on the back LOL
We will be back next year with the new DCB coming for 2024.
You made a great call on it for sure. We will be back again next year and have a few more friends bringing their boats as well. Oh by the way, Nikki and I would love to have a ride in the new DCB if there's a chance next year.. lol
Cash Bar (09-22-2023)