Notices

SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29

Old 08-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29

The water was flat Saturday ... it took away some of my advantage

I was banging full throttle all the way, after I got myself together and found some clear water. I had a bad position for the start .. with my high X and the washing machine water ... made for a hard time getting on plane. After about 4-5 miles ... it was ON ... one by one ... mostly running around 85 ... hit 88

The Virgin Top Gun and the blue/white Gladiator had clean starts ... they were the only small power / Bravo boats that beat me to Avalon ... I think I was in the first 10-12 boats there and all the rest were BIG power BIG drive boats. It was the fastest run to Catalina I've ever made.

I have to give the Cigs their props ... they had to have at least 10 of the first 20 boats to Avalon ... I know for sure there was (not in any particular order):

Blue/White Gladiator (525efi/Bravo)
Yellow Virgin T/S Top Gun (500hp?/Bravo)
Tiger w/ Bob Teague (BIG power/#6)
Oh Beehave Tiger (BIG power/#6)
Illusion Tiger (American Flag) (BIG power/#6)
Flamed Top Gun Running w/ the Devil (BIG power/#6)
T/S Top Gun / Havasu Cig (500efi/Bravo)
Red/White Gladiator (500efi/Bravo)
All white T/S Top Gun (500efi/Bravo)
Blue/White T/S Top Gun, your truly (525efi/Bravo)

Remember ... It's not how fast you can go ... it's how long can you go fast

Let's Do It Again !!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have some great pictures that I will post this week. We worked as the turn boat off Balboa peir and had a great time.

MD
Old 08-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
We have some great pictures that I will post this week.
I have some pics as well, mostly from the Avalon card stop and the docks at Long Beach. I'll post them up on your thread, if that's OK ?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Registered

We had a great time, I just wish the water was a little bigger.

Cig1 is right about the Cigs, When we were waiting to get our card at Avalon there were seven Cigs in a line with Bob Teague in the lead. Can't wait till next year.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Gearcase
Platinum Member

thanks to all the people who put on this not just a poker run it was an event!!!
AWSOME JOB FOLKS!!!
WE HAD A SPECTACULAR TIME!!

good start ran hard to about 3/4's of the way to the island runnin between 65-90,
the girls in the boat were starting to look unhappy when it was getting good and the blowers were singing, uh ah ouch ahg thud,, our little 35 fountain runs good but as i was told the x is too high and we were nicely aired out a r few times,, : ) darn thats some fun chit!!!,. the haze made the water a little hard to read as there was no wind just confused boat chop.
it was funny we were sitting getting ready to take off everyone is antsy as heck and inching forward my wife looks over to our left and the 43 scarab from pacific they have lifelines and helmets on,, she loooks at me and says should i have brought my helmet? i love my built in rev limiter as then she then states.. you better not get your testosterone to high as i will cut you off forever.. Doh...
we then took our time at the 1st card stop and cruised the rest of the run at 55-80 and everyone had a fantastic time..
then the party was on. auctions live and silent great food, music, dancing and drinks...

OH BY THE WAY,
on friday before the p- run we took some freinds and ran out to Catalina Island, topped off before we went and topped of when got back,, we ran out and back at good clip.. saw 90. and had a bunch of rpms left, this thing loved the salt props were realy biting good,,
my wife calculated that the cost to run in fuel alone was $4.35 per minute..
but who cares the fun meter was pinned and thats what matters,
Old 08-30-2004, 02:27 PM
Registered

Please please please send your photos that you have to:

[email protected]

That way they can be posted on the SCOPE site for all to see!!!!!!

$4.35 per minute...........too funny!

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 08-30-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Registered

Who was running the White and Purple Scarab? Looked to be a 27-28. Single Engine??????????? The boat was parked at the docks after the run.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:12 PM
Registered

sorry gear didnt know u were logged on to my computor...
by the way next year u and me with helmets girls can go to the spa for the prun

thanks to all the people who put on this not just a poker run it was an event!!!
AWSOME JOB FOLKS!!!
WE HAD A SPECTACULAR TIME!!

good start ran hard to about 3/4's of the way to the island runnin between 65-90,
the girls in the boat were starting to look unhappy when it was getting good and the blowers were singing, uh ah ouch ahg thud,, our little 35 fountain runs good but as i was told the x is too high and we were nicely aired out a r few times,, : ) darn thats some fun chit!!!,. the haze made the water a little hard to read as there was no wind just confused boat chop.
it was funny we were sitting getting ready to take off everyone is antsy as heck and inching forward my wife looks over to our left and the 43 scarab from pacific they have lifelines and helmets on,, she loooks at me and says should i have brought my helmet? i love my built in rev limiter as then she then states.. you better not get your testosterone to high as i will cut you off forever.. Doh...
we then took our time at the 1st card stop and cruised the rest of the run at 55-80 and everyone had a fantastic time..
then the party was on. auctions live and silent great food, music, dancing and drinks...

OH BY THE WAY,
on friday before the p- run we took some freinds and ran out to Catalina Island, topped off before we went and topped of when got back,, we ran out and back at good clip.. saw 90. and had a bunch of rpms left, this thing loved the salt props were realy biting good,,
my wife calculated that the cost to run in fuel alone was $4.35 per minute..
but who cares the fun meter was pinned and thats what matters,
Old 08-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Registered

some pics
Attached Thumbnails SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope-04-1.jpg   SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope-04-3.jpg   SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope-04-6.jpg  

Old 08-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Registered

here a few more no really good runnin ones as everyone holding on..
Attached Thumbnails SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope04-10.jpg   SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope-04-11.jpg   SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29-scope-04-12.jpg  

Quick Reply: SCOPE Poker Run Aug 27-29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.