Couple Pics From Saturday

Notices

Couple Pics From Saturday

Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Couple Pics From Saturday

I found these thanks to Sharkey
Attached Thumbnails Couple Pics From Saturday-205493359106_0_bg.jpg   Couple Pics From Saturday-647921359106_0_bg.jpg  
Old 06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Couple Pics From Saturday

Here's a couple more I took. By the way, I'm a big fan of that paint job. How was the run?
Attached Thumbnails Couple Pics From Saturday-nyc-poker-run-2006-045-large-.jpg   Couple Pics From Saturday-nyc-poker-run-2006-046-large-.jpg  
Old 06-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The boat looks AWESOME!! It's one of the nicest looking Powerplays
Old 06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments guys. This run was actually the first time I ran the boat in some real water and for an extended period of time. I just marked my indicators the day before and was not used to the boat. In the beginning the boats churned up the water choppy. While underway and trying to stay with the pack my floating key chains where rocking back and forth and actually shut down one of my motors while running. I was so pissed and nervous I already blew something up. I wasn't sure what happened. It caused us to totally stop and fall behind. We removed the key floats and started again. It took me a little while to really get the boat tabbed and trimmed correctly. We ran full throttle from Ossining to Havestraw the whole way. It was calm up there so I was at full trim and no tabs.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting point on the keychains...I'll remember that (and maybe remove mine). When you were running in the chop, how much tab did you find yourself using? For the most part, I've only used mine if there is a strong wind or current from one side. How did the boat run/launch/fly with the tabs down running through the wake from other boats?
Old 06-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JROMY
Interesting point on the keychains...I'll remember that (and maybe remove mine). When you were running in the chop, how much tab did you find yourself using? For the most part, I've only used mine if there is a strong wind or current from one side. How did the boat run/launch/fly with the tabs down running through the wake from other boats?
Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong..
I found in my boating experience, its very important to mark your tabs on the indicator when the tabs are even with the hull. If you set your tabs in that position, possibly with a straight edge, you know where you are at with the boat. You can fool the boat into thinking you are in a longer boat... In addition, mark your trim indicator as well, with the drives parallel to the transom. This way you know when you are running even, without positive or negative trim or tabs.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:02 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Agreed, good idea.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Active-The boat looks GREAT! The grafics are realy nice. Did Randy ever tell you why they are slighly diferent on each side, I never noticed it until he told me. Blue on one side and purple on the other.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jromy- I found in rough water with no tab the boat can feel lite and launch easily, even with the trim at 4 or 5. With a slight bit of tab with the same trim setting the boat stays level and the ride is just unbelievable even in very rough water. Keep playing with it , the attitude of the boat is very sensitive to trim and tab settings unlike a stepped hull boat. When your ripping across 3 foot white caps at 70mph and your passenger( who owns a much larger and heaver boat ) turns to you with a huge smile and yells this f-----g things incredible!!! You know you found the combination. Every weekend I take it out and I learn a little more and each Sunday when I bring it back to the dock I aim more and more impressed with this boat!

Last edited by XPRESS 33PP; 06-21-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Active-The boat looks GREAT! The grafics are realy nice. Did Randy ever tell you why they are slighly diferent on each side, I never noticed it until he told me. Blue on one side and purple on the other.
Thanks for sharing. I hope I don't sound like a total fool, but I had no idea until you just mentioned it. It looks like one side fades blue in front to purple and opposite on the other side?? Maybe Randy didn't want me to know.

Quick Reply: Couple Pics From Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.