Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: 33 powerplay molds

imagine a 33 with a stepped hull
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I was told there will be more info to come around the Miami Boat Show timeframe.

The PowerPlay molds will be coming back to life. There are quite a few people working together. There is a new, never seen the water 38 Hull in rigging right now (layed up several years ago) in South Florida.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
imagine a 33 with a stepped hull
No need to imagine. Active Thunder offers one
Old 02-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is another person in south fl. who has the older molds. The pre"96 oringinals. Midnight did not seem interested in building powerplays when they spoke to me. Maybe something will happen with the originals.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33' Molds

Hello everyone, my name is Jonathan. I am the sales manager here at Latitude Powerboats. I want to publicly congratulate Tom and his phenomenal team for the amazing job they have done on the new 23' Powerplay. When I saw it, all I could say was, "He's done it again." We are new to the site and have noticed alot of interest about the 33' Powerplay and its future. And I am proud to announce that due to our tremendous reputation with Tom he agreed to lease the 33' molds to us and we have already started production on them. We are happy to be able to provide the industry and its consumers such an amazing boat once again. Latitude has been working with Tom since he started with the Midnights in the '90's. We as Navigator Powerboats laminated over 160 Midnight Express including the 39 pleasure and the 39's for US Homeland security plus the new 37 Wide Body.
In our quest to take the company to new levels we filed with the SEC to trade as a public company and at that time we saw the need to change and register our company name to Latitude Poweboats (a wholly own subsidiary of Latitude Industries). If anyone has any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. You can also take a look at our newly revamped website. Unfortunately I can not post the website because offshoreonly will not let me do so until I have made more than 15 post. Just google us and you will find it. (Please be patient as it is still underconstruction)
Old 02-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought that Pat Sullivan of Perfomance Marine and Tom were building the 23, 33, and 38's?
Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Default Re:

Thanks for adding the link Maryland. As far as Pat Sullivan making the 33' PP is concerned the molds are in our shop and we have lease agreement with Tom Mason with those molds.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Latitude Powerboats
Thanks for adding the link Maryland. As far as Pat Sullivan making the 33' PP is concerned the molds are in our shop and we have lease agreement with Tom Mason with those molds.
So does that mean that Tom and Pat will not be making any 33's, Sportdeck or Sportfish? I have certainly heard otherwise, including from Pat himself. Has something changed in the last several months?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jonathan, do I have this correct, the 23 was built by Tom and is called a 23 Powerplay. The 33 and 38 will be built by Latitude Powerbats and be called what, a Powerplay or a Latitude? Also are you building the new boats with the same quality of the originals ( lamination schedules and outstanding rigging etc...) Just a bit concerned about the future resale of my 33. I hope your company takes the Powerplays name up a notch like Skip has done for Cigerette and not some fly- by-night co. trying to make a fast buck off the name. Please understand our concerns, these boats and there history mean a lot to us who own them.
Are you changing the look of the boat and where are you making them? Please fill us in. I'll be waiting on pins and needles to see your first boat. Thanks Ken
Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
Just a bit concerned about the future resale of my 33. I hope your company takes the Powerplays name up a notch like Skip has done for Cigerette and not some fly- by-night co. trying to make a fast buck off the name. Please understand our concerns, these boats and there history mean a lot to us who own them.
What they do or not do does not change the fact that you own a premier offshore powerboat built to very high standards utilizing the excellent materials. I don't think what they do will affect resale one bit. Our hulls have a rich history as does the quality of the production. Unfortunately the prior owner wasn't as good at the business end. Enjoy your boat, it's a winner!!

Quick Reply: 33 powerplay molds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.