Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Powerplay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerplay-52/)
-   -   Yes It's True This Is The New 23 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/powerplay/151156-yes-its-true-new-23-a.html)

cowisl 02-11-2007 09:27 AM

We have a 28 and a 38....Please keep the looks the same. Got to love the true south florida offshore look.

The 23' looks great. I would think about moving the plastic access hole in the floor or devising a new system. The floor looks too nice to have that panel!

JROMY 02-11-2007 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2022835)
where'd the 28 molds go?

My understanding is the 28 mold is the 33 mold blocked off at the back. I don't think there is a separate mold.

JROMY 02-11-2007 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2022554)
1st off congrats, on your endeavor!

You might want to do some advertising on the integrity of them due to a few well publicized wreaks- recently in Marco Island and the KW race. Don't assume everyone knows the history of PP- I am 34 and just dumped $150K in a 07 32 foot center console so I am your target market.

You seem to be about the only one on this board who is hung up on the unfortunate ACCIDENT that happened last month and the Powerplay "integrity" issue. Do us all a favor, stop by and look at any one of ours in person, and I'll guarantee you will stop making these comments. You need to be able to separate an accident from an integrity/structural issue. With this mentality, God forbid someone with a Concept wrecks one - your boating days will be over as you sit home waiting for yours to self destruct while your $150K boat sits on the trailer....

JROMY 02-11-2007 03:40 PM

Oh yeah - great news on Powerplay's rebirth by the way! Can't wait to see what transpires with the new company!

Indy 02-11-2007 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2023374)
If the same thing happened in another brand- including Concept- I would be asking the same questions.

Mark...the same thing has happened to many of the top brands. Given the proper set of circumstances, any boat will break...plenty of these type of discussions on this board over the years. Enjoy your Concept, we'll be safely enjoying our PPs.

Now...back to the topic, can't wait to see the new stuff. Any t-shirts or caps available?

creeper 02-11-2007 08:23 PM

I think this is great because I love the 33 PP as some of you have seen me on the PP threads before asking questions.I'm a new boat kinda guy I keep it like new for the time I own a boat and I keep them for some time.So in the future when I'm in the market (sooner rather than later)the 33 will defintly be on my top 3...... 33 PP w/eggbeaters one sweet ride I must say..

Cash Bar 02-11-2007 08:24 PM

And to my knowledge(limited of course) both accident boats were early '90s models before the hull changes.

dkwestern 02-12-2007 06:44 AM

Great News! Good luck in the new venture! Keep the styling the same!!

dkwestern 02-12-2007 06:46 AM

Was the 38' triple verado boat, the same that had 250xs, and you swapped power for testing? Thanks, Darren

powerplaysales 02-12-2007 08:16 AM

Hello Darren. Yes it is the same 38. We had to rerig the entire boat for Verado's and we also enlarged the cockpit by almost 2 feet. We are in the process of designing a new cockpit interior and we hope to be up and running by the end of March. Thanks Scott