Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Yes It's True This Is The New 23 >

Yes It's True This Is The New 23

Notices

Yes It's True This Is The New 23

Old 02-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 28 mold were sold to someone else at the auction. Power marine sales Maybe?? Scott
Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Registered

Mark the floor material was NOT our first choice either. We have plans to develop a fiberglass inner liner for the cockpit on the 23. On the first one we had to make sure the seat would turn, the arm rest were the correct height, the placement of the gas tank etc. We wanted something other than just carpet for the sole so .... The flexiteak is easy to clean won't mildew or rot and can be replace with carpet if the new buyer would prefer. It will take us a couple three boats to finish the design on the liner but will will offer the sole with whatever material the customer would like. Thanks Scott
Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered

Good Morning Indy. What do you and the other menbers think of the tribal look on the side of the 23 for a starting logo??Scott
Old 02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PPSales, I was also wondering about the teak floor, as I don't think it would be my first choice. As for the sides of the boat, full colors are popular right now. Make the tribal symbol a decal so it can be an option. Do the new PP's have an official logo
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerplaysales
Good Morning Indy. What do you and the other menbers think of the tribal look on the side of the 23 for a starting logo??Scott
To be honest I don't like it. I'm not a tribal fan. If it is for a certain boat fine, but as the company logo I would stick with something more classic that won't be as dated. My .02.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by powerplaysales
Mark the floor material was NOT our first choice either. We have plans to develop a fiberglass inner liner for the cockpit on the 23. On the first one we had to make sure the seat would turn, the arm rest were the correct height, the placement of the gas tank etc. We wanted something other than just carpet for the sole so .... The flexiteak is easy to clean won't mildew or rot and can be replace with carpet if the new buyer would prefer. It will take us a couple three boats to finish the design on the liner but will will offer the sole with whatever material the customer would like. Thanks Scott
I like the floor and keep your cotton pickin` hands off the 38 mold. The black 38 that was at the Miami show a few years ago had one of the straightest hulls I have ever seen. That, coupled with the clean unclutterd design. Made for a beautifull boat. Please resist the temptation to ''Frankenstein'' another one.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet - glad to hear something is being done with those molds, they were always one of my favorites and are too good of a design to let fade away. Where does / is Tom planning on setting up shop?

And I agree on the logo, not a tribal fan - kinda trendy, go with something a bit more classic and that has some staying power visually.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

PPS...I guess I'm with the others in stating that the tribal thing should only be done in vinyl. It seems to be more of a west coast thing and will be a dated design in the not too distant future IMHO. PowerPlay has always been about classic So. FL looks & rugged offshore performance, not trendy west coast fads. I think your target market is more of the traditional east coast rough water mentality buyers. If you take a look at JROMY's boat, it is one of the last PPs made, has contemporary graphics and is stunning to say the least. Not to mention that it's a frickin beast in Long Island Sound I'm sure he'll be launching out of Norwalk many times this summer with me. It's cool to see two PPs running out of the harbor We'll let you know when we do.

My boat in NYC...Hard to beat these lines!
Attached Thumbnails Yes It's True This Is The New 23-nyc-brunch-run-10.8.06-011.jpg  

Last edited by Indy; 02-12-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Here is a close up of the tribal logo we put on the back of the co pilot's seat. Scott
Attached Thumbnails Yes It's True This Is The New 23-dsc01646.jpg  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd pass on the tribal logo. Powerplay is just what Indy said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.