Looking for Ed's number...

Notices

Looking for Ed's number...

Old 05-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by XSNSX
Best I've seen on the Gaffrig was 77mph, by myself, downwind, low on fuel and crisp, cool January in South Florida air. You can knock close 5 mph off that figure in the summer. Can't say how accurate the Gaffrig is, but haven't had to opp to GPS the boat. Truth is, don't really care anymore. Mostly, I just putt around at idle speed and tell lies to women about how fast I was when I was young.

And yes, that was the Ed I was looking for and found. Spoke with him yesterday and am turning the boat over to him in a couple of weeks to install the SeaStar system.
LOL Good deal on the lies!

And i'm glad you found him.....my buddy Karl had a plug CNC'd by him few months back

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Hey XSNSX, this you? or your boat i mean? Dont remember where/when i got these pics from
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Ed's number...-25powerplayidle.jpg   Looking for Ed's number...-25powerplayinterior.jpg   Looking for Ed's number...-25powerplayrunning.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure enough! Pics were taken about 4 years ago at a central Florida S & F gathering. When I originally bought the boat, I chose the 25 because it was easy to trailer. I planned to splash in different parts of the state and explore new waters. Unfortunately, the only road trip I've ever taken with the boat was the pics above!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Heres a question for ya XSNSX, what, if anything would you change or want different on the boat?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would send the boat back to the drawing board...

1. Add one more degree to its 22 degree hull (which for all purposes was a George Linder design, lifted from the Challenger, Shadow and Superboats).

2. Narrow the beam by 8 inches, possibly more.

3. Add 4 very small steps to aerate the hull. Not these gigantic ledges that one idiot after another copies in the fast boat biz.

4. On the outboard model, I would lengthen the cockpit (forward) by one foot.

The 25 PowerPlay hull is essentially one of the best handling, best running 21' to 22' hulls in the world, hence the success of the aforementioned Linder designs, but when it was ramped up to a 25' hull, the changes above would have made this a much better boat in the rough.

Still, for a 20 year old design, the 25 PowerPlay is a remarkable boat. This is why I have held on to it.