What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ? >

What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Notices

What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

Eric, not sure when you bought your 22 (must have been in the begining cause i dont think Karl makes the 22 anymore) but i bet you may have seen an "Old Timer" working there...that was Rusty...and he along with i think Steve Koss built the 25 plugs/molds...they may have taken some styling's from the apache but its an all orriginal boat...no splashing there from what ive been told. Karl Called me tolday right after i posted asking/teasing me when i'm buying a 25 hull! DAMN YOU KARL!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Nice thing about the boats Karl builds is theres a few guys working for him that were laying up the Powerplay boats back in the day..so they know what they are doing...and yes its a VERY good quality rig!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Eric, not sure when you bought your 22 (must have been in the begining cause i dont think Karl makes the 22 anymore) but i bet you may have seen an "Old Timer" working there...that was Rusty...and he along with i think Steve Koss built the 25 plugs/molds...they may have taken some styling's from the apache but its an all orriginal boat...no splashing there from what ive been told. Karl Called me tolday right after i posted asking/teasing me when i'm buying a 25 hull! DAMN YOU KARL!

Hey Wally,

I didn't buy the boat new. I basically stole a '99 that was on Craigslist but I called Karl to confirm certain things about the boat. He also helped me with some of the OEM hardware and some non OEM. Gotta tell you they they are a GREAT bunch of folks from Glenda (the receptionist) to Karl the owner. Very helpful in every aspect. I hope they build the 25.

ps... from what I was told, you could still buy the 22.... but it's alot of $$..

http://www.dolphinboats.com/bulldolphin_22.php
Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Yea....ive spoke to Karl many a time about that 22....reason its up there is that its not a popular seller and the molds are somewhat older so fitting everyything proper takes a little "finesse" But yeah he has a great crew there....have you seen their new 20' bay boat? if you get a chance to stop by the shop, do it! ....very sweet ride and he has some killer seats in it for thier fishing tourny's

Old 03-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered

Yea....ive spoke to Karl many a time about that 22....reason its up there is that its not a popular seller and the molds are somewhat older so fitting everyything proper takes a little "finesse" But yeah he has a great crew there....have you seen their new 20' bay boat? if you get a chance to stop by the shop, do it! ....very sweet ride and he has some killer seats in it for thier fishing tourny's
Yeah the 20 is sweet. He also had a red Bull Dolphin when I went by that was really nice. I need the bigger boat because I do some light offshore fishing sometimes and have a couple of kids and a wife that like to be comfortable. In these economic times the 22 was the best fit for me. Ideally, I want to be able to put a 300XS on it in the future but for now I have to deal with the 200 it has. I'll post some pics as soon as I can...
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a 25 Dolphin huh......

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I might be triggered....

PS - Eric, where do you find the 22's for sale?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 23

I used to own that 23 which I bought new from Tom Mason.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a 25 Dolphin huh......

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I might be triggered....

PS - Eric, where do you find the 22's for sale?
I found mine on Craigslist. Had to drive to Palm Beach to get it. It needed some work but mostly cosmetic.

Here are a couple of nice ones...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...3%278-94577358

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...nsole-93853772
Old 03-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

This was the last 22 they built...funy thing happened while Karl was taking pics of it...he was floating in the water on his back taking shots of the boat floating when the Coasties came by...i can only imagine what they thought when they see a body floating near a boat anyway they came right down ontop of him...he kept taking pics till the prop wash from the rotors started kicking up water! LOL Then he waved them off that he was ok...took some good shots of the chopper too! LOL
Attached Thumbnails What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?-22-dolphin1.jpg   What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?-22-dolphin2.jpg   What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?-22-dolphin-cg.jpg  

What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?-22-dolphincg2.jpg  

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

This was the last 22 they built...funy thing happened while Karl was taking pics of it...he was floating in the water on his back taking shots of the boat floating when the Coasties came by...i can only imagine what they thought when they see a body floating near a boat anyway they came right down ontop of him...he kept taking pics till the prop wash from the rotors started kicking up water! LOL Then he waved them off that he was ok...took some good shots of the chopper too! LOL

That's funny. I saw that boat at the shop. Nice looking boat except for the choice of motor.

It's a shame that they don't keep building it...

Quick Reply: What is this ? '07 Power Play 23 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.