PowerPlay: Trim Tab Rocker Switches -

Notices

PowerPlay: Trim Tab Rocker Switches -

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PowerPlay: Trim Tab Rocker Switches -

Hi,

I've lost the up-trim function on one of my tabs. It will trim down, but not up. I haven't put a test light on the rocker switch to verify yet, but I've heard they are prone to failing after a number of years. Mine were replaced 8-9 years ago. Does this symptom sound indicative of a rocker switch failure? Certainly it could be something else, such as a solenoid on the trim pump, but the other rocker switch is functioning correctly.

Feedback appreciated. A source for the switches would most helpful. Maybe they are made by Bennett? Not sure, but thought they were an aerospace part?

Here's a pic...

Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Thanks Daredevil! I looked on Carling's website, but I'm not finding a match. It's possible they've been discontinued or replaced.

Still wondering if the symptom sounds like a switch problem, or could it be something else. Anyone experience the same?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

They are made by Eaton Corp., the only source/dealer that I was able to find was Livorsi. They come in 3 colors I think, and either single or double pole. I replaced mine on my powerplay this spring, had two switches that were intermitent in one direction. I forget what I paid, think they were in the upper 20's each.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Sea Rat do you have a part#
Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered

They are listed as "Military Rocker Switches" on the Livorsi website, I used the single pole ones to replace my trim and tab switches (4 total). I ordered from Elite Marine (he advertises on this site) but don't recall how much I paid for each; but it was less than $41 as listed on the Livorsi website. If you need the Eaton part number off the switch, I don't have it with me, but I can make a run to the boat and get it tomorrow. Let me know. However, I was able to find and match my original switch part # on the Eaton website , so I'm confident that its the same switch as the original. One last thing, I did try to find it cheaper than livorsi, but was unable to find another vendor.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Sea Rat I have the numbers.
Here is the part # if anyone else needs it:
8552K2T34 and it is Eaton
Old 07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

The Eatons are the real Mil Spec rockers. Those Honeywells look to be as well, but read the fine print. The Livorsi's are not Mil Spec and never have been. They are "Mil Spec Type". The Livorsi's will get the job done, but be aware, they are not true Military Specification, hermetically sealed rockers, as were originally installed on a new PP.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Just FYI, while winterizing this past weekend I noticed the rocker switches I purchased from Livorsi had the Eaton part number on it.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Test it with a light or DVM....i'd faster guess its a solenoid on the pump before a switch....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
Registered

Thanks to everyone. It turned out to be the rocker switch. Ordered new ones from Livorsi. The internal wiring of the poles isn't identical to the original switches, but we figured it out after getting shocked a couple of times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.