How to drive a 33PP???? >

How to drive a 33PP????

Notices

How to drive a 33PP????

Old 07-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default How to drive a 33PP????

I use to have a 30 velocity, which had a pad, and you really had to know how to drive that boat up on the pad or it was scary. So, any tips regarding trim settings, etc. on the PP's?????
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Loaded question...My advice is to take it easy and learn how the boat reacts to trim etc. Totally different animal than a 30 Velocity. You will be surprised once you launch off a wave in the PP compared to the velocity
Old 07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Know nothing about Velocity, no pad on these hulls, just conventional hulled wave splitting fun.

The '94 and up PPs drive like a dream due to some hull changes (transom angle, trued hull & strakes) and the '97s had the higher X. The hull responds very well to trim input, I rarely used the tabs and when I did it was mostly to level out the boat due to a strong cross wind. The hull will fly level if trimmed properly just a click or two past neutral in regular conditions (2s/3's). I suggest you use a straight edge on your hull to determine where neutral or level is with your drives and tabs and mark your indicators. I also marked my tabs to where they would make first contact with the water which was just a bit below neutral since they're mounted a little above the bottom of the hull. This will give you a basis on how to make future adjustments. At speed the hull is quick to respond to trim input...very quick, so short blips on the trim button should be all you need to change your running attitude. Do not over do it, this hull doesn't need to be wrestled with. Getting on plane you can trim down a few clicks then bring it up to level or your neutral setting once you're up and give it input from there depending on the conditions.

I've been close to 90 in these hulls and they will surprise you how well they take slop and how well mannered they are. You will not rattle your teeth in this hull either, even in bigger conditions, just trim down to neutral or a click below to keep the nose down going into the slop and you'll be fine. I have no idea where Plainville CT is but I hope you'll be running it in the Sound. I used mine out of Norwalk. The Sound is perfect for this hull and it runs better when there's some slop.

Take it easy at first and don't try to be the world champ, you'll get to know it quickly and you'll have many years of fun with it...I miss mine a lot.

Last edited by Indy; 07-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a 33 PP end of last summer and I'm very happy with it. Using it on Lake George so only big water is a busy day or windy day. Boat loves trim, haven't really had to use tabs at all. Before you put it the water take a straight edge and mark neutral on trim panel for tabs and drives. I'm running 1:36 -1 gears and 4 blade 24's so I have to tuck drives in when coming out of hole or it carries the bow for to Long .. Stays on plane at 2200 rpms and is running 31 mph. 2500 and its up around 38 mph.