Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Where are the pics?

Funny Powerplay story. Oliver (built black 38 new) was a regular at Peanut Island. We are in the same business and have kids the same age but I only really met him because of boating. He had the boat for about 4 years (400 hours/10,000nautical miles on the GPS) and was shopping around to trade it. He had a lot of varied interests including superbikes so his circle of friends didn't necessarily cross over. He had a buddy who came out on the 38 with his girlfriend. Girl was 5'6, blond and very cute. She had never been on a go fast boat so Oliver offered a ride. It was windy, 2-4's and he took off towards the inlet. Her boyfriend rode shotgun, I was in the backseat behind the driver, she was backseat behind her boyfriend. A 38 Donzi w/ 575's rolls out hard with us. Oliver lays the sticks all the way down and it is on. It starts to get rough and she is holding on to the seatback for dear life, 3 guys are laughing. Well her tube top bathing suit isn't fairing too well, the tatas pop free and she is still holding on to the seatback with a death grip! I tap Oliver on the shoulder to let him know of the situation, he sees and laughs some more with the sticks buried on the dash!

After a minute he pulls them back and offers her a t-shirt.....needless to say that ride left an impression on her!
That is funny ,Thanks for the story.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shaun1368
Steve – Your thread provoked me to post my first reply – Great thead…shows the respect and quality for the powerplay brand. My first pp was the 25 w/ Bbrackets (post 631 with the purple interior). I never been in a boat that knew how to catch and land air better.
I recently got into the 28’ w/ ob’s….been searching for years for this exact boat – and apparently only 2 were ever made. Can you give me any pic’s/history of the boat? I believe I have the one from the original brochure. Currently set up w/ twin 300promax – Thanks Cowisl - (pics to come). Any idea of the other 28’/ob’s?
Shaun welcome to the party you have the right ticket there were 12 -28's built I will try to put the numbers and power combos together and find more Pictures,those are the Rare Powerplays .
Old 06-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dkwestern
Pat S. at PMT? He already has them?? Or do you mean another Pat?
Pat Haughey at Active Thunder.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Powerplay wiring

Whoever did that is a perfectionist. Doesn't get any better that that. Awesome!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
Whoever did that is a perfectionist. Doesn't get any better that that. Awesome!
That is the way the boss wanted it and everything else the same way.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Pat Haughey at Active Thunder.
He already builds a 33 and 37, adding a straight bottom 33 to the line up really won't make sense and the 38 isn't that much different than the 37 so why bother. Add in the cost of the molds and the fact there is no volume in the performance business and you can see where it wouldn't make sense.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Powerplay nowadays, setup a repair, parts and service company and build a few boats a year or whatever the demand is with the original people,The boats were all nicely done.

Look we all can buy the same material, but from the first drop of resin coming into the plant area to the finished boat leaving, every step of the way must be calculated and well supervisied, the right person is there motivated to do their best,same with the vendors in the old days.
I saw interiors come in from shops that had a good reputation, Danny took one look and told the guys to take it up to the loft there it sat for 10 years, sold to someone refurbishing another make of boat.

he had his own interior shop was the end result with Bill Forestall who was my fishing buddy.(I built flats boats once upon a time)

Same with the Paint in the early days Mike Nicholson, Billy Swartz ,Joey Earls (he did the B1 Boat also) It is how you put it all together and the Boss did a good job,Further I came from Jaguar and the glass crew from Apache.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
300K for the molds? You could splash the hulls a lot cheaper!
I would be stunned if you got 75K cash.......
I have seen all the tooling and there is a lot of specialty jigs and molds for each boat. 1or 2 boats sold and you could have your money back., but 300,000 g's is a lot of money. What molds does Lattitue powerboats have?
Old 06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyfast
Chris, your boat looks beautiful,the guys here did an amazing job.
Thanks Marc! Are you around this weekend? We hope to meet up with Pat. We should have the 38', 33' and one of Pat's 38's.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
I have seen all the tooling and there is a lot of specialty jigs and molds for each boat. 1or 2 boats sold and you could have your money back., but 300,000 g's is a lot of money. What molds does Lattitue powerboats have?
The old cobra mold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.