Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Powerplay Boats >

Powerplay Boats

Notices

Powerplay Boats

Old 06-11-2010, 11:42 PM
  #1021  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
wow! . . . . ouch. What year was that and where at?

Dave sorry, that was 1983 Key West. there is a camera shot of the boat coming at it sideways and up in the air spinning with people coming out, one straight up in the air another straight down , The driver did not have his straps fastened on the lifeline and one got hung up on some rigging trapping him under the boat the guy pulled so hard he straightened out the steel hook and got out. that is a tough piece of hardware but the kid was tougher that day. Amazing Crash and they all swam/walked away..
Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 11:59 PM
  #1022  
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
iTrader: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
Posts: 12,968
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
Dave sorry, that was 1983 Key West. there is a camera shot of the boat coming at it sideways and up in the air spinning with people coming out, one straight up in the air another straight down , The driver did not have his straps fastened on the lifeline and one got hung up on some rigging trapping him under the boat the guy pulled so hard he straightened out the steel hook and got out. that is a tough piece of hardware but the kid was tougher that day. Amazing Crash and they all swam/walked away..
yikes, thats crazy. When i put on my canopy vest i take the excess strap after i pull them tight and wrap them around the webbing that goes around my waist just for that reason. I also keep a dive knife handy. Good thing they got out of it ok.

I thought that was Key West but the wall on the mole looks different now. Thanks
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 09:43 AM
  #1023  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
yikes, thats crazy. When i put on my canopy vest i take the excess strap after i pull them tight and wrap them around the webbing that goes around my waist just for that reason. I also keep a dive knife handy. Good thing they got out of it ok.

I thought that was Key West but the wall on the mole looks different now. Thanks
Cougar rebuilt it and that boat raced again in the end was sold to a Dr in Fort Lauderdale, Mercury somehow got the drives mixed up up and Danny had two different ratios for that race.
Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 08:27 PM
  #1024  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Powerplay 38 SS pre-fit for assembly



Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
  #1025  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Powerplay 38 SS Foxsea going for Sea trials.


Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 10:04 PM
  #1026  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Powerplay 38 SS Paint Prep








Paint Done holes filled with sealant for rigging


Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 AM
  #1027  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Powerplay 38 SS Deck Paint double reflection off the hatch and the deck both catching the camera.





Last edited by Steve 1; 06-13-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 AM
  #1028  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IAD/FLL
Posts: 2,090
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Real nice looking blue 33? OB at haulover yesterday. I gotta figure out how to post pics from a hosting site....
handfulz28 is offline  
Old 06-13-2010, 10:41 AM
  #1029  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
Posts: 10,833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by handfulz28 View Post
Real nice looking blue 33? OB at haulover yesterday. I gotta figure out how to post pics from a hosting site....
Yes for sure try to post them.
Steve 1 is offline  
Old 06-13-2010, 12:05 PM
  #1030  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,377
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
Powerplay 38 SS Foxsea going for Sea trials.




This 38 is my favorite.. like it is now with out the foxtsea
Jassman is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser