38 powerplay >

38 powerplay

Notices

38 powerplay

Old 05-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 powerplay

Any info on the 38 in the the classifieds whats the history on it and whats it worth obviously not a 189k I was thinking about selling my 99 33 sportdeck with 502s new trailer not sure what it would be worth any thoughts thanks for any help
Old 05-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy, it's tought to say exactly what it's actually worth. You know the old saying, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

In another thread we kind of talked about this as I was looking at one too. I ended up buying another brand right around the time this 2005 came on the market. I think the general concensious was some would like to think they are worth about the same as an equivalent year TG. Personally, I think that number is a little over otimistic, and the NADA values for each reflect this.

The flip side is there were only 12-17 or so 38 PP's manufactured, so there is very limited supply. Then again there certainly aren't as many people looking for a 38 pp as there are looking for a TG either.

There are only two 38 PP's that I know of which are FS at the moment, so if you're hell bent on owning one, you need to come to an agreement with one of these two sellers... Or be ready to wait for the next to hit the market. I dont know what the bottom dollar is on this 2005, but I doubt it will sell quickly at the asking price. The other is a 2002 (as I recall) and in excellent shape. I can tell you it will take a lot more than the NADA value to buy the earlier boat. It's been casually FS for years and the owner wants to get his money for it... but again it's a clean boat.

They are great boats, it's too bad they are no longer produced. Good luck with your hunt.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to think that they should be about the same price as a 38 T/S comparable year. At least being a 38 PP owner, I hope so. Keep in mind that this boat has 650 Cobra's in it and NADA does NOT reflect that. The only draw back is the XR drives, otherwise it is a BEAUTIFUL representation of 38 PP. They are GREAT boats, we love ours and you won't regret buying one.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

did they offer other drive packages for these boats other than the xr from the factory?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a thread that lists all the 38's with their current and original setups and current locations. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...owerplays.html
Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by humpster
did they offer other drive packages for these boats other than the xr from the factory?
PP's are custom built, you could get anything your mind could dream up, not just merc combos like other suppossed "custom builders" cough cough, where only the paint is different than the other 100 boats just like it.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Well I own a 33 pp now and have been very happy with it best rough water boat I have been in . I'm just toying with the idea of up grading
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

I'm actively searching. and $189 is too much, and thats with no trailer
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree that the 38's that are "available" today are priced above current market value, but I guess that's obvious since they aren't moving.

I was looking for a 37-38. Despite not being quite as popular as some of the others, the PP was my first choice. They are very well built and are the largest in that class, although they are slower than some of the other options... but I was okay with that trade-off. I was looking for something with a stepped hull, a real head (not just a potta potty in the center of the cabin), and preferably w/o bravo based drives, so that narrowed the field and mostly eliminated the Cigs. To me the only obvious choices were the PP, OL, and AT.

Before I bought my boat, I made an offer on the older of the two PP's on the market and would have loved to have been able to get into that boat, but we couldn't meet on the price. The condition of that particular example was great and I really liked the seller, but I just wasn't willing to pay well above what a similar TG would be selling for, especially since the PP had a significantly lower book value to begin with and the boat had bravos on it. In the end I'm glad it didn't work out and that I found the boat I did, but I'd still say the 38 PP would be my first choice (all things being equal) if I could have found one with beefy drives and at closer to real market value.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I have to agree that the 38's that are "available" today are priced above current market value, but I guess that's obvious since they aren't moving.

I was looking for a 37-38. Despite not being quite as popular as some of the others, the PP was my first choice. They are very well built and are the largest in that class, although they are slower than some of the other options... but I was okay with that trade-off. I was looking for something with a stepped hull, a real head (not just a potta potty in the center of the cabin), and preferably w/o bravo based drives, so that narrowed the field and mostly eliminated the Cigs. To me the only obvious choices were the PP, OL, and AT.

Before I bought my boat, I made an offer on the older of the two PP's on the market and would have loved to have been able to get into that boat, but we couldn't meet on the price. The condition of that particular example was great and I really liked the seller, but I just wasn't willing to pay well above what a similar TG would be selling for, especially since the PP had a significantly lower book value to begin with and the boat had bravos on it. In the end I'm glad it didn't work out and that I found the boat I did, but I'd still say the 38 PP would be my first choice (all things being equal) if I could have found one with beefy drives and at closer to real market value.
What did you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.