In the market 100%

Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 AM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
And another makes the scene:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43885-en.html

Haven't seen this one before.
39k no power and drives as is. Were is he getting his price from? going to check in on it. It's about 1 1/2 hours from the house.

Last edited by caseyh; 02-09-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Now that I can comment from the outside without an iron in the fire, heres what I am seeing from the PP market and buyers.

1. There's getting to be less and less PP's around so they might be getting like Apaches in a sense.

2. There's a couple that you guys have noted are very dirty, rigging has been hacked up, etc.... but from I see those boats are priced accordingly.

3. My boat brought $20K as a bare stripped out 1993 hull, so the price for a nice clean boat might surprise some of you.

4. I still believe that even in this market a clean, updated, and fresh power 33PP will bring $60K like nothing.

5. If you cant find a nice PP for the price you like, go buy a fountain, donzi, baja, etc... cause there are plenty of them kicking around.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
Now that I can comment from the outside without an iron in the fire, heres what I am seeing from the PP market and buyers.

1. There's getting to be less and less PP's around so they might be getting like Apaches in a sense.
And that helps how? Cause those can't sell either

2. There's a couple that you guys have noted are very dirty, rigging has been hacked up, etc.... but from I see those boats are priced accordingly. At what price?

3. My boat brought $20K as a bare stripped out 1993 hull, so the price for a nice clean boat might surprise some of you.

4. I still believe that even in this market a clean, updated, and fresh power 33PP will bring $60K like nothing.
Ha, show me one.
5. If you cant find a nice PP for the price you like, go buy a fountain, donzi, baja, etc... cause there are plenty of them kicking around.
From your quote here, you have a completely diffenent feeling.
"Drivetrain is worth about $50K these days, and I dont think the hull is worth anymore than $30K stripped even if it does have $50k worth of paint on it...........Also the sad truth is that a boat cut for sixes is worth less to 90 percent of the buyers because it costs that much more to rig and get going again. Only a couple of us idiots like myself would even consider buying an old flat bottom, big power boat."

So a 33 powerplay w/o any nice paint(subjective) should only be worth $15-20k.

IMO, a nice piece is worth good $, and an average piece is worth average $.

I guess what i'm trying to get at is that it seems you are being hypocritical, especially between these two threads.

Last edited by Stormrider; 02-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

In the other thread I am talking a #6 twin 1100hp drivetrain is worth $50K, not a 500hp bravo drivetrain. I would say a 33PP hull thats needs paint interior etc, is worth about $10K with no drives or power..............and we all know that by the time your done you will have $80K in it but it will never bring that so your better off spending the money on a nice running piece that somebody else already lost their a$$ on.

Also the cost between maintaining to the highest level and just doing enough to keep the boat running is very, very different. But, sadley when it comes time to sell, that gap is narrowed greatly between the boat thats a 10, the guy spent $$$$$ on to maintain, and the boat that has just been patched up to keep running, because like anything price sells. In the end the guy who spent tons of money to keep his boat in tip top shape never sees the return.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

heres three top guns:

http://www.midwestboatbrokerage.com/...R0&veh=2327443

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o42966-en.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43854-en.html Asking $175K

You tell me whos thrown the most and least money into their boats, and who at the end looses the least. I will bet its the guy with the yellow boat that didnt spend more on paint and cosmetics than his boat will ever be worth.......
Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caseyh
39k no power and drives as is. Were is he getting his price from? going to check in on it. It's about 1 1/2 hours from the house.
"boat with no power, new myco trailer, outdrivers and propellers will be sold as is. First $39,500.00 will take it home. New myco trailer was $13,900.00 so your getting the boat for $25,600.00."

Boat has drives, propellers, and a new myco trailer
Old 02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

302, the stagger TG boats will draw a certain crowd, they are extremely rare, and not for everyone for sure. Those other 2 TG boats you show are standard TGs, AND they've been for sale FOREVER!

The big boats w/ big power take BIG $$$.
I'm not saying the spider boat is $175, and I know for a fact the owner will take less.

A twin 1100hp drivetrain is $50k? All i know is to have Zul Build me a 750 is gonna run me $25k easy plus exhaust. I wouldnt even want to know how much his 1100s cost.

Sorry for the digression.

On the recent ad of the 33 in LA, i can't put a number on what its worth cuase there's not any pics of the engine room/bildge, or the cockpit. Rediculous.
If its clean and solid, it'd be a decent buy at $20k, no trailer. Have some new power built w/ exhaust for $15-$18 per side.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider

A twin 1100hp drivetrain is $50k? All i know is to have Zul Build me a 750 is gonna run me $25k easy plus exhaust. I wouldnt even want to know how much his 1100s cost.

Have some new power built w/ exhaust for $15-$18 per side.
All I know is I will keep letting people spend over $100k on new power and then buy it for 1/4 of that with some time on it. Heres an example that comes with headers and trannys for $33K ask price:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o43291-en.html

Throw in some wet sixes for $20K (theyre all over) if you call around) and there you go......But hey the world needs retail buyers loosing their a$$ to make things go around
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

302, the stagger TG boats will draw a certain crowd, they are extremely rare, and not for everyone for sure. Those other 2 TG boats you show are standard TGs, AND they've been for sale FOREVER!

The big boats w/ big power take BIG $$$.
I'm not saying the spider boat is $175, and I know for a fact the owner will take less.

Sorry for the digression.

On the recent ad of the 33 in LA, i can't put a number on what its worth cuase there's not any pics of the engine room/bildge, or the cockpit. Rediculous.
If its clean and solid, it'd be a decent buy at $20k, no trailer. Have some new power built w/ exhaust for $15-$18 per side.
Agreed
Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Registered

Have some new power built w/ exhaust for $15-$18 per side.
you could also buy my two fresh 540's with CMI sport tubes for $15K for the pair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.