Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s >

91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s

Notices

91 Sportdeck 33 with triple 2.4s

Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Steve, any info on the history or some original pics would be great if you guys had any. Still would like to restore boat and after reading your thread it inspires me that it is a quality boat built with care. Time is my only commodity I am lacking and there is no one close to my area capable of the quality of workmanship it was originally built with to farm out the work to. It would be a one of a kind here as I am thinking it might be the only PP in Western Canada. It came from Seattle 4 yrs ago but hasn't seen water in 5 or more years. Hour meter on dash only shows about 350 hrs. Would like to freshen up the powerheads, install Brucato ACUs and fill in the dash where it was hacked for old school electronics. Like to keep the old 2.4s for weight and boat would only get about 10-20 hrs use per year once done. Our lake is 90 miles long but gets some good rough water in spring and fall. Would love to get it out and try it then.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Danny will look at this thread tonight , He can place that boat with the original buyer maybe , those boat's really liked the triple setup , the rigging shop was full of them , Your lake sounds like great fun with the mix of water ,just take your time and restore it properly , Back in the Day those were like Ferraris the Locals lined up for them , The boat "told" us when it was done and ready to be delivered !!! Danny was unbelievable Picky and I was trained for the old NASA inspections , He impressed me ! , The outboard stuff try Scream and Fly , there are a bunch of guys like us on it
and will give decent prices and such , there are some original parts to be had still around . Good Luck Safe Boating .
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve (not to hijack) But I have a 89 triple ob sportdeck. I have also tried to find any info about my boat. Last I heard is that it came from NC and it was all white when it left there. Only thing different with mine is the Dash setup it is different from anyone that I have seen. What pics can I post that can give you guys any clues? Maybe the HIN?
Brian, trust me I am going down the same road you are and I am at my wits end. I have redone the transom, the wiring and now I am working on the steering. I am ready to give up but I will not due to the caliber of boat we both have. Small enough to do decent speeds with outboards and big enough to go out when the big boys are out. Plenty of cockpit space to boot...Plus you don't see them everywhere you turn. Try to hold out and keep it because you will be kicking yourself in the behind if you sell it.