Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerplay
Looking to buy 28-33 >

Looking to buy 28-33

Notices

Looking to buy 28-33

Old 01-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Craney 509 with brodix heads intake. Never a minutes trouble. New Xr drives last year on boxes. Mid $60's Did get a 2011 aluminum triple axle trailer. It had a tandem. Just wanted a triple.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember seeing that Powerplay at the shootout last year, its beautiful! I have the yellow 31' Scarab school boat that launched right after you. Whoever gets that powerplay is gonna love it I'm sure. I guess it was like a mini reunion of Indys' old boats that weekend. Lol
Old 01-22-2017, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a 33 powerplay set up for triple outboard project on trailer.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:27 AM
Registered

Thank you gmgearhead454 for the kind words about my PP. you still have the Scarab? I still like my old flatdeck Scarab. I willl be at shootout again this year see ya there.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BronxPhantom106
i have a 33 powerplay set up for triple outboard project on trailer.
How much you asking for that boat any pics,i have a couple of verados thinking about installing on something
Old 01-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Registered

This PowerPlay had extensive time and money put into her. The motors when built back in 2009 made 700 plus hp, but were dockable. The boat ran flatter, more predictable, and reliable than any other PowerPlay out there. After removing all the sludge and grime from the tired worn-out 502MPI and stock Bravos, hours of steam cleaning a messy oily bilge and wiring harness. With the transom stripped clean of all old parts, the X dimension was raised over 3", new 380 k planes were relocated, IMCO boxes installed to accommodate SCX-4 drives with number 6 Mercury Racing 5 blade propellers. What a combination, could stay on plane at 2000RPM, , cruise 65 mph at 3800rpm, and topped out at 6600RPM 101MPH. UNFORTUNATLEY, SOMEONE TOOK THE SCX-4 OFF FOR ANOTHER BOAT AND CURENT OWNER HAS BRAVOS ON IT??????? EVERYTHING WENT BACKWARDS ON THIS BOAT BUT THE SELLING PRICE?$?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:58 AM
Registered

Almostthere The boat is awesome and not sure who you are but since you attacked decisions made by the owner of this boat thought I would state the facts. Dave owner of MDG Performance in MD a highly respected engine builder I have know for 15+ years purchased boat from the guy that did all this beautiful work due to needing the money.The boats handling and appearance is absolutely everything you say it is and still is. Ask people from upstate New York, Missouri, Texas, Florida it performed all year flawlessly and looking good doing it. I talked to the gentleman I think his name is Greg that owned the boat before Dave and you could tell he was very proud of the engines and should be they are very nice. Greg proceeded to tell me the same thing Dave told me he was told. The motors are a special bore stroke combination and are made to run high RPM. Greg asked if I had done an upper end since he had put around a 100 hours before selling to Dave which he put 15 and I put 30. It is currently in the middle of having upper ends done in preparation for next season. Since I bought a bigger boat and will be selling this one I want clarify things for the record. Dave and I ran the boat and there is no question on the quality of ride, mold work or rigging of a Powerplay and with the SCX's performed, rode flawless right at 90/ 5600. Dave wanted the SCX for his Donzi so I purchased without drives. I put new XR,s on it and it still handles flawless like it thinks it's a 38 footer. It ran all year 90-92/5600. I feel 6600 is a little much for a pleasure boat. Dave as well as myself and my engine builder were very curious on how someone could make 700 hp out of a 509. After pulling heads we were able to verify it is a high quality parts regular bore and stroke 509. Even with the brodix heads, intake along with a very nice 4150 carb and hydraulic roller (6600rpm??) you would be hard pressed to make 600hp which sounds about right for the speeds boat is running. Regarding the price. I can give you a long list of happy people that have bought my boats for I enjoy making the boat its best. The tandem axle trailer under this boat was shot. I bought a new triple axle trailer $9000, New carpet, upper ends done and as you know Powerplay heat shrinks all its wiring. Whoever did the engines did not heat shrink so I am having that done as well for longevity. I have been involved in performance boating and racing for 35 years. Performance boating is a very small but wonderful world and if you do the right things for the right reasons you will make many great lifetime friends. This is the first time I have had someone on oso not be supportive and helpful!!!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

90 Viper, He is the person who did all the work to the boat and sold it to Dave! He is just disappointed that it was taken apart after he and I did all the work to get it that way. I don't think he means to not be supportive, he just knows how much better it was. Absolutely a fantastic boat either way!
Old 01-26-2017, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 33 power play is one of the nicest one around and runs great the only thing that was done to the boat was the drives were switched which can easily be re-installed les has put a new trailer under it and has done some paint touch up,anyone looking for an awesome boat should take a look at this one.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:20 AM
Registered

Thank you for your response Pplay33. Didn't we meet briefly at loto? Assure the prior owner I have done everything possible to keep the boat as good or better than when I got it. I only changed to new Bravo xr's. It has performed flawless since I purchased it. Happy boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.