Drain hole in anchor locker? >

Drain hole in anchor locker?

Notices

Drain hole in anchor locker?

Old 05-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Drain hole in anchor locker?

I there a drain hole in the anchor locker in the front of a 1999 260 Legend? I was trying to see if there was but didnt have a whole lot of time this am. I didnt see one if there is where should it be? There is a drain fitting on Starboard side of hull thought thats what it was for. There was a litlle water standing in the anchor locker as the boat is in my driveway until I get my storage built.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Drain hole in anchor locker?

You are correct on the drain. That clam shell is the cover for the drain.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Sometimes the hole gets plugged with mud from the anchor. You can push a wire coathanger through the hole to clear it.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Registered

I went out and looked at mine and noted it was drilled about 1" above the lowest point in the locker. So you will get a little water standing. Unless they all vary as to where they were drilled. One thing that puzzled me is why PQ doesn't put this locker in all the boat models??
Old 05-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Re: Drain hole in anchor locker?

I looked at mine and it is about an inch be;ow the lowest pont also.What is the sense in that? The anchor lockers can be a pain esp. if the dont drain properly.Just another place for water to get trapped in where it has no place being and it will start to rot. Im going to put a rag in the bottom and change it every weekend.Probably not an issue once i get the boat in my storage building in a week.

i
Old 05-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Registered

If you are going to use that locker I would make sure your anchor is tied down some how. If you run hard in rough water and that anchor starts bouncing around it may break a hole in your bow somewhere. That happened to someone I know in their 4Winns Liberator.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Its also happened to a couple of guys that own 260 PQs
I believe Powerquest recommends you remove the anchor from the locker while the boat is in motion.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:40 AM
Registered

My 26 has a heavy rubber mat covering the inside. I talked with Rick at PQ yesterday and questioned why they don't put the lockers in all the boats and it was a warranty issue. They had a few issues with the anchors coming through due to neglect. I've heard of a few cases myself. I believe the newer models had some type of hanger in them. I've got an aluminum anchor in mine so that should minimize the risk with the light weight. Also if you notice the new 26's no longer have the locker.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

They also had issues with spider cracks in the bow from the anchor bouncing up and down in the locker.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Registered

He did mention that as well. It's a shame they couldn't come up with a solution rather than omitting it all together. It's a great thing to have as an option in my book.

Quick Reply: Drain hole in anchor locker?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.