Wait - Wait - Wait.....I'm going nutz! >

Wait - Wait - Wait.....I'm going nutz!

Notices

Wait - Wait - Wait.....I'm going nutz!

Old 01-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wait - Wait - Wait.....I'm going nutz!

After re-powering my "craft" last fall I never had a chance to run it. This combined with only running it twice prior after buying it has got me nutz. All I do is think about the boat. I am going to the Miami show to help with the winter blues but this may make it worse when I get back. I planned on trailering it to Fla. but thats not going to happen either.

What was the earliest you put your boat in after winter lay up? And what temprature was it? I am talking to the northern folk mostly. The blessed people in the south need not reply.

The first chance I get its going in! Realistically how long do I have to wait? When do the marinas open with gas and such?

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Raypanic ]
Old 01-31-2002, 08:29 PM
Kentz

"Officially" for us down here May 1st is when the Marinas re-open. It always rains the month of May which floods the rivers/lake, which in turn negates all boating activity.............we could have a dry spring

Old 01-31-2002, 08:31 PM
Kentz

ps. hands down, my award goes to Boathead. Did you see his pics from last winter? man that's dedication

Old 01-31-2002, 09:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

We went out last weekend in Columbus. I agree with Kentz, May is usually a wash out here too. We try to start around the first of April.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:17 PM
Registered

Ray,

I usually start in early April. You might be able to make March! I don't think gas docks at marinas will be open that early. I would think day trips are in order using gas from regular gas stations.

Are you still planning on racking at Sassy?
Old 02-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Who needs gas docks, Ray?? Go to the landlubber stations, they're cheaper anyway. TELL ME YOU DO HAVE A TRAILER, RIGHT? All you need is mosta the ice off the lake and an open ramp, March is really a beautiful time of year, why, you don't even need to bring a cooler for the beer. How much better can it get? If you come over this way we could splash in Muskegon

psycho boy
Old 02-01-2002, 08:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

96Vyper,

Yes I am going to use Sassy's this year too. They are real nice One guy named Dave was VERY helpfull. Plus it is really the only one that I could find that would handle my boat. I allready have my deposit in.

I have also reserved a space for my travel trailer @ Riverview campground for May 15 - Sep 15th. Not much of a campground but I can at least have a place to stay on weekends only 2 miles from Sassy's

Kentz,

I did see Boathead's picts it looked pretty cold but I could not see a date anywhere. it must of been in March.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:22 PM
Registered

Kentz,
Thanks, by the way! but my wife would call it something else. Also, make sure your boat policy allows early launches, some run only from April 1 to November 1!
Old 02-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Ray, I haven't put my deposit in at Sassy yet, as I have someone coming to look at buying our boat tomorrow. Then I can start looking for a 38'. If not sold, will mail deposit Monday.

Sassy won't let you rack until May 15th, so trailering will have to get you by until then. You could take to Metro Beach on weekends and pay the $12 for nightly docking until Sassy opens up.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

96Vyper,

Hope you sell the boat! It sooo much fun buying a new one. It seems to me you should be able to really deal on one now with the economy and such. Are you going to go PQ agian? If not what are you concidering?

Quick Reply: Wait - Wait - Wait.....I'm going nutz!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.