Notices

hoist

Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hoist

Does anyone keep there Avenger on a hoist?? I just rented one for the summer and I'm concerned about paint fade.
I'm thinking about getting a good bow to stern cover and need info on that too if anyone out there knows about that let me know.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Registered

Default Re: hoist

Powerquest 380,

Here is a link to a thread called "340 -380 canvas" in the PQ forum. I posted contact numbers at that time. Hopefully the business is still around.

Here's what I posted at the time:

I thought I had this mystery figured out. I just chased all this down for another member in the beginning of August. Rick DeBoer who owed Classic Coverings said he made the covers for PQ and made me a mooring cover for PQ 270 Laser in 2000 and it turned out great. It turned out that Rick's business has changed hands a couple of times in the last year or two.

This is were it gets confusing. I was told the PQ business was sold to Integrate Resources at 616 399-9409 who then sold to Great Lakes Canvas Outfitters at 616 399-2927. I talked to a Bonnie who said she was the owner. Get her to explain and enlighten us all. I think between all the numbers Bill and I have provided we are close.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=58308
Old 10-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have some info for you and will post when I can. I have to replace my full cover and will be stopping by a place in Angola Indiana on friday for info. What ever material they used for the mooring cover I will NOT use again!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: hoist/cover

Bonnie at canvas outfitters is still doing great business.

She has the contract with PQ and as such as the patterns. So all you have to do is call her and she'll make a full cover.

I had mine extend 18-20 inches down the sides to protect from sun...that worked great.

Her prices are FAR BETTER than the local shops I found.

I have used 3 different materials on my boat - 3 covers in 11 years used 365 days per year.

The current cover from Bonnie is Aqualon. It has a 5 yr warranty. My pervious cover not from Bonnie was Top Gun...didn't last 5 years with no warranty. The first cover was a cotton based product and it rotted in 3 years.

Bonne just did my top and aft curtains.

Tell her Jeff Grice sent ya!

Jeff
Old 10-28-2005, 05:28 AM
Registered

Sounds like Bonnie is the one to be talking too. How far down the sides do your covers go? I just had Mitcher T go over the whole boat and I want to keep her that nice. Who has the tricks how to put this cover on, with sides covered, and not fall off the boat........ I dont have much to stand on next to the hoist, so walking around the boat is out of the question. Any other hoist tips would be appericated. Thanks to all.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I would consider Aqualon if the price is right but will have an extensive talk with the folks I mentioned above and it may not happen today I'm trying to put out too many fires that came up today

I have a hydrohoist and the cover does have a drawstring that ties in the back. What I did was criss-cross the strings and use D-hooks to the rear lifting eyes on the boat. This is easy and works great! I also attach 4 bungee's an each side from the loops in the cover to the lifts walkway.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will be happy with Bonnie.

I can walk around my lift.

If you can't you'd through it over the windshield, go up through the hatch to start it at the bow, then pull back over the shield and out the back.

I had my draw string on the side because I could reach it from the dock.

Now, here is a thought. My previous cover was MUCH heavier. I had the cover split in half....and joined with a zipper with a cover. The Zipper was mid-ship right at the helm. This worked fine. If you can't walk around you may consider this.

My cover covers the sides all the way down to about 10" above the bottom edge. I was concerend to cover the gel graphics...this worked good.

Don't for get vents. Bonnie put 2 in the bow and 2 over the cockpit.

If you need to have dock lines attached then you'll need pockets made.

Any more questions, yell!

Jeff