Power hatch relay >

Power hatch relay

Notices

Power hatch relay

Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power hatch relay

O.K. has anyone purchased a relay for there power hatch from anyone other than Rex Marine? They are on back order due to some design issues. Would like one sooned than 4 weeks.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Power hatch relay

I have one, but you could make your own with a pair of 40 amp relays, that is all that is in the box from Rex. When I bought my boat it was allrwady on it, but the casing was all fuggered up so I diassembled is and epoxyed it back together, but by using 2 of the relays listed below you will essentially build the same thing.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=330-079
Old 06-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. Was hoping to find one all set rather than rigging my own. I guess I'll have to wait out Rex marine and the hatch. Both seem to be pretty slow!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

http://www.eddiemarine.com/cart/cata...26+Accessories

you may want to try theirs
Old 07-31-2006, 08:46 PM
Registered

I see Trick Marine has whole friggin' rams for under $300. I'm awfully tempted to just go that route if we keep the 290. Wonder if I'd have to pull the motors to install it, or just the inside exhaust manifolds? And if I had the inside manifolds off, I wonder if I could get my fat ass down in the bilge to give it a good scrubbing? Hmmm....

Hatch rams
Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Registered

Dock, I believe you will still want to run the relay or do a complete re-wire.

My ram works fine once it was getting the proper voltage with the relay. I believe if I replaced the ram but used the same wiring it would not have made a difference.

If you know anybody who deals with electronics I hear the relay is made of about $15 in parts, just need to know how to put them together.

I think the main hot wire run to my dash was formerly the filament from a 60W light bulb. I have to upgrade it soon.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered

Hey cb, did you ever try 4 blades on your 290? I'm thinking the extra blade would help get her up on plane a bit easier, and I'm not overly concerned over any loss at the top end.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

You may be right about the whole hatch thing. I had the relay box on order from Rex, but they said it was backordered. Since I decided to put the boat up for sale, I cancelled the order (with my luck I'd have gotten the part the day after the boat left with a new owner...).

Now that I'm leaning toward keeping her another season, I'd really like to fix this issue.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Registered

have not tried the 4 blade yet. In normal conditions, I am satisifed with my current setup. In LOTO water, it gets so mixed up I have blow out problems occassionally that exist regardless of the boat weight. I think the 4 blades would solve it but 90% of my boating doesn't require it.

Come winter, I am going to have my existing 3 blades re-done and see what that does.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered

I just built a relay box for a buddy and his 36OL and he was in the same spot we are in, took a week and a half to go up, 12 bucks in parts later and he is happy and it goes up and down like it is supposed to.

If you need one made just let me know and I can solder one up for you. Will not be a pretty as the rex box, but it works and would inexpensive

let me know

Christian

Quick Reply: Power hatch relay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.