New legend owner!!! >

New legend owner!!!

Notices

New legend owner!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New legend owner!!!

Well, this might have been the stupidist thing Ive ever done or the brightest..Did alittle internet shopping and purchased a 1994 Powerquest Legend 257 . Mind you this is a boat I had surveyed but have never seen. Ive been reading pages and pages of your forums and the powerquest seems like a quality boat so I took the plunge..The worst thing is that I wont even see the boat until April or May. Its in Illinios and Im in Washington. Didnt see the point in shipping it over here for the winter when its much cheaper to keep it at the dealer ($387 for 6 months of storage and that includes a shrinkrap!!).
454 EFI 385hp..Bravo 1 with 21 pitch Mirage plus prop..Manning tandem trailer and only 196 hours (if you can believe that!!)..Its going to be a really longggg winter!!
Attached Thumbnails New legend owner!!!-legend-13-wince-.bmp  
Old 11-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New legend owner!!!

Congrats man!

I bought my first Powerquest in late August this year.

gonna be a long winter!
Old 11-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. I called on that boat a couple years ago. About the time we were going to head down and take a look someone put a deposit down. We ended up buying a 97 26 Legend from Great Lakes. Matter of fact I believe it was in February when I put the deposit down and had to wait 2 months before we could ever see it due to it was stored at another marina.
Best of luck, They are great boats! This one is our 2nd.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! It will make your winter long unfortunately, but it will be worth the wait.

Are you moving up or is this your first go-fast?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New legend owner!!!

Congrats!!! During the winter, you can start to shop for accessories to match the boat (bumpers, ropes, swim suits, stereo upgrades, etc.).

PQ makes outstanding boats. I had a 96 270 Lazer with 502MPI, lots of room and a great ride. After that, shopped many different boats and ended up with a New 01 38 Avenger and LOVE IT!! Welcome to the PQ family!!
Old 11-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

I would officially call this my first performance boat. I currently own a 1990 21 foot Mirage Trovare with a 5.0 litre but with a top speed of 45 miles per hour it leaves you yawning. I went to a poker run in september and after the run a guy there gave me a ride I will never forget--30 foot Daytona Eliminator with twin 650 hp blown viper v10's!! We hit 116 mph and I was smiling from ear to ear...After that I knew I had to step up to something faster so I started looking around on the internet and after looking at Baja's and Scarabs came across this Powerquest which seemed like a good compromise between quality and price (only paid $20k for the Powerquest!!).
Old 11-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered

Oh, a couple questions maybe a few of you can answer--trim tabs--this legend doesnt have them--are they needed?
Does anyone know what size the gauges are? I really want to upgrade the gauges to Lavorsi with blue bezels.
Definitely upgrading the stereo as well..MB quartz 12 " sub, 750 watt Kenwood amp, Kenwood CD player and 4 Marine Rockford Fosgate 6.5 inch speakers..Might even throw in a couple 6 x 9's as well.
Attached Thumbnails New legend owner!!!-legend-4-large-wince-.bmp  
Old 11-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum, Congrads on the buy. Enjoy your power quest haha you have to wait. It sucks, I konw the feeling. Mine is currently sitting in Fort Lauderdale ready for me to use this winter whenever. I know I suck at life.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Oh, a couple questions maybe a few of you can answer--trim tabs--this legend doesnt have them--are they needed?
Does anyone know what size the gauges are? I really want to upgrade the gauges to Lavorsi with blue bezels.
Maybe NR will chime in. He owned a Legend. But my guess is tabs are not really necessary for a 26' boat. They are definitely nice to have on rough days though. A set of Bennetts can be had for about $500 I think. That's what I had on my 272 and they worked well.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a set of of the dual ram Insta Trim on my 26. I did replace the bases with the larger 15" tabs last year. Other than the occasional rough water days, they pretty much stay in the up position. I beleive they do help out in the resale of the boat.

As for gauges, be sure to check out the Beede gauges. They will be half the price work as well for what you have and look great.
Attached Thumbnails New legend owner!!!-26-legend-018-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: New legend owner!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.