34 vyper 336 formula >

34 vyper 336 formula

Notices

34 vyper 336 formula

Old 03-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 34 vyper 336 formula

anyone have any knowledge of these 2 boats as to performance , handling,quality, resale , etc. ........thanks
Old 03-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

I have a 340 Vyper. It's an extremely well built boat compared to most, rides well, is fast, and has amentities that are hard to find in the 33-34 range of boats. It has the largest headroom in the cabin of any mid 30' boat and if outfitted well, you would be hard pressed to beat the bang for the buck.

I don't have a Formula but do know that they ride extremely well because they have a lot of weight. That factor can mean that speed is reduced with the same power. The headroom on the cabin is no comparison to the PQ but they are very well built boats.

Both are great choices in my opinion. The Formula is better well known and thus resale may be higher depending on many factors while the PQ offers you more solid boat from a top notch manufacturer for the money.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Formulas are still being built and have factory/dealer support - PQ has been out of business for 1 and half years........
Old 03-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Hay Silverado, PQ is back in business.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

So there's some cars in the parking lot and people cleaning and painting inside - this doesn't mean they are back in business. According to some of the past posts, they were supposed be going after the first of the year. Then "4-6" more weeks...on and on and on.
If I was looking at buying another/different boat, factory and dealer support would definately be part of the decision.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:20 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What difference does it make if the MFG is in bus?
They "assemble" the boat. The only thing the really manufacture is the FG parts and upholstery. Both would be repaired / replaced local. Everything else made by, Perko, Merc, Livorsi, Sealand, etc.

I had a 34 Vyper. Well made boat!!!! Fit and finish are top notch. VERY comfortable boat. Mine had 496HO's and would run
78-79 any day and 80-81 (GPS) when the moons aligned just right.

Given you spend the same amount of cash on Formula or PQ, You can buy a newer, better equipped PQ. Isn't the 336 an OLD model? I know of 2 PRISTENE 2002 Vypers for sale. Both are loaded, both would show as new. PM me if you want info on them.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Bill... It would be great if the factory were open but if I were in the market and the boat was what I wanted it would have little to do with my purchase. Pretty rare to have a hull warranty now days.

Every time we shop Formula is always in the mix the only reason we have never switched was they always tend to be slower compared to other boats in the same size category (due to weight) as well as if you look at say a 1997 PQ vs. 1997 Formula the PQ offers a much better interior and more up to date. Not knocking the Formulas because the do build a sweet boat, just a little to much $$$ for the bang in my book.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Agree with the comments here...

Formula has the brand recogition/value, are built like brick shat houses, heavy, and the 336's I have seen tend to really look dated in colors, dash, etc..

PQ's very good value for the money, well built although not to formula standards, vypers of like years will look like much more current designs.

If I found a 336 that looked as current as a like year vyper, would run with it, and was priced the same, I would buy the formula. But I have the feeling the vyper is going to have price, performance, and more current styling advantages over the 336. Good luck, I wish I was undertaking your search!!
Old 03-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the input

thanks for all the input,,I was originally looking for a 336 you know the Formula name and reputation......but I went last year w/o any luck finding a clean one that wasn't "rode hard and put away wet" so to speak,, and this year is looking the same way so I decided to expand my choices ......
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 32velocity
thanks for all the input,,I was originally looking for a 336 you know the Formula name and reputation......but I went last year w/o any luck finding a clean one that wasn't "rode hard and put away wet" so to speak,, and this year is looking the same way so I decided to expand my choices ......
You wont be unhappy with a Powerquest, especially if your going to overnight or take trips. Theirs not to many boats that can match their cabin room in a equal size boat.

Quick Reply: 34 vyper 336 formula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.