Battery Switches and charging >

Battery Switches and charging

Notices

Battery Switches and charging

Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Battery Switches and charging

My 34' Vyper has 3 batteries, I have been running the starboard switch in #1 and the port switch in #2. The starting batteries are charging fine, both volt meters show over 12 volts when you turn on the key. I not sure about the house battery ? I have been having problems with the stereo, the head unit and amps keep shuting down and trying to come back on. After pulling my hair out saturday I am now wondering if is because of where I'm running the switches at and the house battery is not being charged. Where do you other guys set the battery switches for starting,running and anchoring ?

Last edited by rrentsch; 05-08-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I do is leave them on "all" at all times when I'm out, If I'm going be be staying all night I change them back but that is after running around and charging every thing as well. I also have a battary booster box on my boat. Hope this helps.

Rich.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

I also keep them both on 1 and 2 when running but I turn one switch to off when at anchor and running the frig/musiac etc as I don't want to loose starting power.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

You may have a voltage problem. My stereo did the same thing until I installed a capaciter.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rrentsch
My 34' Vyper has 3 batteries, I have been running the starboard switch in #1 and the port switch in #2. The starting batteries are charging fine, both volt meters show over 12 volts when you turn on the key. I not sure about the house battery ? I have been having problems with the stereo, the head unit and amps keep shuting down and trying to come back on. After pulling my hair out saturday I am now wondering if is because of where I'm running the switches at and the house battery is not being charged. Where do you other guys set the battery switches for starting,running and anchoring ?
I rewired my battery switches when we installed the inverter. We have 5 Optima batteries put both the switches on 2 for 4 batteries and both to 1 for the back up battery so we can always get a start. They all charge no matter what position.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Platinum Member

Hey Dave, Saw your post on another thread. I'm assuming you had problems with amps cutting out when you raised the volume. How many and how big are your amps ? What size cap did you add ?. I'm heading down to southern Indiana to work on my stereo next weekend, I hope my whole problem is that my house battery is'nt getting charged.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered

Default capaciter

Originally Posted by rrentsch
Hey Dave, Saw your post on another thread. I'm assuming you had problems with amps cutting out when you raised the volume. How many and how big are your amps ? What size cap did you add ?. I'm heading down to southern Indiana to work on my stereo next weekend, I hope my whole problem is that my house battery is'nt getting charged.
I have the 6 channel JL Audio Amp and I installed a 1.5 farrad capaciter. One farrad is good for aprox 1,000 watts. Good luck with your power problem.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Pressurized
Platinum Member

Default Air

DAVE K
Just read one of your older posts and see you are using 4 batteries to run the air, correct?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Registered

Default air

Originally Posted by performancemary
DAVE K
Just read one of your older posts and see you are using 4 batteries to run the air, correct?
We aren't planning on running the air with the inverter. It would take a tremendous amount of battery power to run it for long or even get the initial start up of the compresser.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Member

I Worked on my stereo and charging problem this weekend and my problem is that my 3 rd or house battery is not being charged with the starboard switch in the #1 position, but it seams to be ok in the all position. The thing I don't understand is there is no negitive cable hooked to the house battery, the only cables hooked there is the grounds for the amps. How is that battery being charged with no negitive connection. I'm thinking of just removing the red on the house battery that goes to the battery switch and parallel the house battery with the starboard starting battery ( + to + and - to - ). Any thoughts ? The thing I would like to do is run each engine on it's own battery not both switches in the all positions.

Quick Reply: Battery Switches and charging

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.