Who makes these exhaust tips? >

Who makes these exhaust tips?

Notices

Who makes these exhaust tips?

Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who makes these exhaust tips?

I had a little problem last weekend--one of my exhaust tips stuck closed and the whole left side overheated. At this point I either need to rebuild the tip or replace the tip (most likely what I will do)..Does anyone know who makes this tip and what the size or model is?
Attached Thumbnails Who makes these exhaust tips?-img_0736.jpg   Who makes these exhaust tips?-img_0737.jpg  
Old 08-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are made by Corsa
Old 08-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming you meant the silent choice stuck closed on one side?? I don't beleive these tips have any moving parts in them based on the exterior apperance. These are the mufflered tips.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Registered

They actually have 2 different flappers in them. One set it rubber and the other is metal. The metal flapper is now lose and the rubber one is damaged from the heat. So the pipe has to be fixed or replaced (cant believe corsa wants $400 for a pair of these!!)

Im still trying to get to the bottom of what happened and how to fix it. Originally thought the impeller went bad but we pulled the raw water pump yesterday and the impeller was fine (although we replaced it anyway).
Isnt there another water pump on the engine (a circulating pump)?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Check on eaby for a set. If you go with anthing other than a Corsa you have about a 50% chance of the holes not lining up with other brands. I pulled my tips a year ago and they had no moving parts to burn out. If you ran into any shallow water you could have pumped silt into the system and plugged one side. Pull the thermostat as well and check it.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Brian, thats the wierd thing--I was in Lake Coeur D'Alene in Idaho and thats one of the cleanest lakes you will ever see. I was in the middle of the lake doing 40 mph and all of a sudden started to smell burning rubber. I couldnt have sucked up any silt, grass or anything else but there is definitely something preventing water from entering the right side pipe (if you were standing outside the boat and looking at the transom).
Ill check the thermostat but isnt there another pump on the motor?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

I'm not sure on your boat if there is a water pump in the drive or not? Sounds almost like an impeller came apart and maybe has wedged in a line somehere?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 sets of these sitting in my barn off my 38. I would be happy to sell you a set, or 2, cheep.

Let me know if ya need em.

e-mail me at john goodrow / comcast. net
Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Registered

I knew I should have checked this post sooner!! I ended up sending the pipe back to corsa for repair but they called me last week to say it cant be repaired so Im having them send me a new one for $175..Im putting a new riser and exhaust hose as well..Hopefully that will do it and she will be running again..Only 1 poker run left for the year and then the party is over in Washington...
Guys Im here to tell you Ive received so many compliments on my legend its almost scary..I am the only PQ in Seattle and everyone that has seen the boat is just amazed at the quality..Its been a great summer!!
Attached Thumbnails Who makes these exhaust tips?-p8050251-%5B640x480%5D.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok someone please give me some info

My friend is looking to replace his tips which look exactly like the ones above....nothing like any of the boats which I have owned that have a flange on the outside with the 3 screws. For those of you who have added straight open tips are you just drilling holes on the outside???

He has a 26 legend

Quick Reply: Who makes these exhaust tips?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.