Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
PQ Legend Hull >

PQ Legend Hull

Notices

PQ Legend Hull

Old 08-27-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be wary of that tach. I have seen others here say the same...tach will go to 4000 and speed is too high. I had a tach cost me an ignition system...would only go to 4000. 1st time I pushed to probably 5000 it smoked my new ignition.

Originally Posted by lennyk
speed was on the gps,, all tack numbers are about the same as yours until it gets up to 4000

was not sure about my tack myself, my spedo is within 1-2mph of my gps, gonna check the tack this week..... 454mag mpi
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay today after work im checking for the hook,

i never use my tabs, take it to 3000 rpm and boat lifts an lays out nicely, only time i use my tabs are in the wind to even the boat out, used my gps for the first time on the boat last night
and got to 60 mph at 4200 rpm, cant seem to get more than 4200 rpm with the 23P mirage but have not really played much with the trim or the tabs,

by the way that is my boat for sale on SW

FAST FORWARD..... WHEN YOU TESTED PROPS WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY TABS 2 AND SO ON
DO YOU HAVE INDICATORS
So lennyk.... you're catfish over on "Speedbump".... I mean Speedwake LOL

Per my post on SW, I'm in the midst of a domestic/wife related situation at the moment. As in, might have to buy my 1/2 of the house, boat, whatever back, if ya know what I mean. I haven't made that public knowledge on the boat sites as it's not the kind of stuff I broadcast. I'm working on things to see what my $$ sitch is or should I say, will be. If it doesn't look like I'm gonna get my ass kicked too bad, I'd definitely be interested in taking a look at your PQ. I hope to know more in a week or two. If your boat hasn't sold by then I'll get in touch with you. Either way good luck selling!!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

hope everything works out for you,

things are pretty slow right now in the boat market, so check back in when your ready, you never know
Old 08-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hope everything works out for you,

things are pretty slow right now in the boat market, so check back in when your ready, you never know
Thanks, I will for sure.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

The best my boat ever did was 64mph on 2-3 chop in Lake Texoma. Now it chined pretty good, but it was like my 5th time driving the boat. Last weekend I spent an entire Saturday on Lake Lewisville in calm conditions playing with the trim and tabs. Best was 62mph but absolutely no chine running stock 454 mpi and 23 mirage plus. I'm guessing if the water had a small chop I would came close to 64, but I'm happy with getting rid of the chine due to just playing testing all the settings. I'm gonna try a 4 blade 23 hydromotive labbed and see if that helps.

Not looking to really increase the speed that much, with this boat it's really not about speed, if so, I have the wrong boat. The ride is AWESOME, I love going out on rough days (for a lake) but Texoma can get pretty nasty too. That boat just is so much fun in the rough, and watching others get hammered is almost as good! I'll admit, my next boat will be a 32 Sunny MCOB, just fits mine and my family's needs best. Until I come up with some $$$, I'm very happy with my 260sx.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who needs trim tabs if you are flying???
Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice shot! Looks like I'm getting winterized this week
Old 10-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
Who needs trim tabs if you are flying???
As you can see the (rocker) is out of the water at higher speeds,just there to get you on plane faster.

Nice shot!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
As you can see the (rocker) is out of the water at higher speeds,just there to get you on plane faster.

Nice shot!!!!
Sorry for the delay in this reply

That shot is not a typical "on plane" shot. He's launching quite a bit. I have a '93 which does have the built in wedge. I've observed the back of the boat directly at speed and the wedges are definately in the water. With a 580hp 502, the wedges never get more than half way out of the water.

I've been told by an ex powerquest employee that they removed the wedge sometime in the mid '90's when they started putting tabs on most of them. If I remember correctly he said they did the hull mods when it went from a 257 to a 260.

If you have the wedges, you will definately know it. with them there is no way to get the bow out of the water. The harder you push the boat, the harder it pushes the nose into the water. No amount of positive trim will ever losen up the boat.

You will also not need a straight edge is you're looking at the hull on a trailer. It is a very apparent molded in wedge between the outer strakes and the chines. In fact it is easy to feel by hand even if the boat is in the water

Even without the wedge, the 260 is going to be a slower boat than most for the same reasons already listed. It's a wide boat (even compared to most with the same beam), to make room for that big cabin. There's no pad, and on most of them, the prop is really deep in the water (I picked up 6mph raising the prop 2in).

Remember, length, beam and deadrise do not tell the entire story. A comparison to a 28ft velocity (about the same ACTUAL LOA as the 260) is a pretty good example. They may be the same length deep V's but they're entirely different boats, not only in speed but also in accomodations and ride quality.

Last edited by bcarpman; 10-07-2008 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Registered

I'll have to disagree on the rocker removal. I could be wrong but I've looked at a lot of 257/260 over the years and I've never seen one without the rocker. I have a 97 and it has the rockers plus tabs. And if you really think about it the last few years PQ was open they really were cutting out the extras and I noted several 260 without tabs at the dealers. Which means the would have the rockers in place thus no need for the tabs.

I still believe the rockers do nothing but help assist in getting on plan and after that do little to nothing due to there location.

Quick Reply: PQ Legend Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.