PQ Legend Hull >

PQ Legend Hull

Notices

PQ Legend Hull

Old 10-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Forward
I'll have to disagree on the rocker removal. I could be wrong but I've looked at a lot of 257/260 over the years and I've never seen one without the rocker. I have a 97 and it has the rockers plus tabs. And if you really think about it the last few years PQ was open they really were cutting out the extras and I noted several 260 without tabs at the dealers. Which means the would have the rockers in place thus no need for the tabs.

I still believe the rockers do nothing but help assist in getting on plan and after that do little to nothing due to there location.
The '98 and 2001 260's I looked at buying both had the rocker. There is a '97 290 sitting on my dock and it too has the rocker.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock on!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Rock on!!!!
"Hello Cleavland! Rock and Roll!"
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2000 PQ 260. I have tabs but no "rocker". It launches to plane just fine without either one. Interesting discussion. The PQ rocks in Lake MI. Nice deep V hull and perfect for performance boating without breaking the bank account and the family doesn't get scared = more boating time.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered

PQ26, Thats very interesting on the non rocker. Are you sure you don't have them?? They are on the very outside of the bottom between the chine and the 1st lifting strake. I'd say they drop around a 1/2" down total.

Photo would be nice as well. It would be very interesting in fact if you don't have them and why the chose to remove them. I'd love to ride in one without to see what the real difference is. I see your in Holland so we may have to hook up.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Default Rocker

PQ26, Thats very interesting on the non rocker. Are you sure you don't have them?? They are on the very outside of the bottom between the chine and the 1st lifting strake. I'd say they drop around a 1/2" down total.

Photo would be nice as well. It would be very interesting in fact if you don't have them and why the chose to remove them. I'd love to ride in one without to see what the real difference is. I see your in Holland so we may have to hook up.
I don't have any good pics of that area and the boat is in rack service for the winter (I can't get to it). I'm in Lake Mac or down at Laketown Beach most of the time. Our boat has a raspberry swoosh, dark teal swosh and black checker graphics (I don't think I can post a pic). I'll keep an eye out for you next summer.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Registered

I'll have to disagree on the rocker removal. I could be wrong but I've looked at a lot of 257/260 over the years and I've never seen one without the rocker. I have a 97 and it has the rockers plus tabs. And if you really think about it the last few years PQ was open they really were cutting out the extras and I noted several 260 without tabs at the dealers. Which means the would have the rockers in place thus no need for the tabs.

I still believe the rockers do nothing but help assist in getting on plan and after that do little to nothing due to there location.
First off, are we sure we're all talking about the same thing?? At first I thought some just had their terminology wrong, but now I'm wondering.

Hook: When the bottom "hooks" down at the transom. Causes stern lift. Usually not intentional but a result of bad construction or storage bunks.

Rocker: The bottom rounds UP at the transom. Causes bow lift. Also usually not intentional, and if it is, is generally viewed as a "cludge" for a badly designed boat.

Wedge: An actual "wedge" that is purposely built into the transom to provide permanent stern lift. This is what my 257 has.

I've only seen the bottom of one other newer 260 and it didn't have the wedge. The guy I talked to from PQ sounded really knowlegable, but I can't verify anything other than what I've actually seen.

As I said, my wedges are definately partialy submerged all the way up to over 65mph, and SOMETHING is driving the bow down with a force that no amount of trim can tame.

I know what my boat does but I can't vouch for yours. I will be blueprinting my hull this fall and will be removing the wedges. I am told I should gain 5-7mph by doing this, and that coresponds nicely with what a 24deg V hull should be able to do with 580hp. If I get nothing, I guess you'll have the last laugh.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered

Since my 257 is sitting in the driveway awaiting engine removal, I figured I'd try to get a couple pictures of the wedge. Easier to see and feel than to capture in a picture but here goes.

THe first is directly in back of the outer strake. you can see how the transom is lower to the left of the strake. This is the wedge.

In the second picture you get a side view of the wedge. you can see by looking at the strake that the bottom of the boat angles down at towards the transom.
Attached Thumbnails PQ Legend Hull-wedge1.jpg   PQ Legend Hull-wedge2.jpg  
Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

Bingo! What your are referring to as the wedge is what I was calling the rocker. I would be most interested is hearing the results of your blue printing.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Bingo! What your are referring to as the wedge is what I was calling the rocker. I would be most interested is hearing the results of your blue printing.
What was the point of this thread again?

Quick Reply: PQ Legend Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.