PQ light bulbs...hard to find! >

PQ light bulbs...hard to find!

Notices

PQ light bulbs...hard to find!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PQ light bulbs...hard to find!

I have a 2003 280SC and need some 'deck bulbs'...I forget what they are called, but they look like fuses. They pop into recessed chrome fixtures with opposing powerered 'c' brackets. No one locally stocks them... I think they are unique in size, or just an older, discontinued bulb. Any pointers to a retail shop and a stock or part number (or brand and model?). Thanks in advance!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

If you are asking about the festoon bulbs, I found some for a different boat at NAPA and West Marine.

What I did was take the light fixture out and got the part number and manufacturer name off the fixture and searched for replacement bulbs. It should be a Perko or Atwood.

There should be a wattage rating on the end of the bulb that you will need.

Here is a link to some festoon bulbs.

http://www.bulbstock.com/buyxefestoo...FV195QodDD-vIw
Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

the only place you will find those bulbs is at a place called ITC inc out of Holland Michigan
Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered

Default PQ bulbs

Thanks for the assist!!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Default PQ bulb

I had the same issue on my 257 - if they are the same, you are looking for a 3 watt 12 volt halogen festoon bulb. I found them at the local West Marine item number 8646796. It is listed on this page:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...6796&langId=-1
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by boatnt
the only place you will find those bulbs is at a place called ITC inc out of Holland Michigan
I got the right bulb (actually 6) from your reference. Thanks again - they are soooooo hard to find. JR
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Default Bulb assistance

Originally Posted by apollard
I had the same issue on my 257 - if they are the same, you are looking for a 3 watt 12 volt halogen festoon bulb. I found them at the local West Marine item number 8646796. It is listed on this page:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...6796&langId=-1

Thank you. These were not halogen, and indeed it appears one company sells them (see other thread). The WM ad says 'festoon base' - neither bulb in the ad has a festoon 'set-up' - there appears to be no 'base' to a festoon bulb - it looks just like the old style fuses - before they went to a 'base'. I have a 2003 (I may have said 2005) SC280. It still looks great with regular care. They built these som*****es, although each has their quirks. I can get 65 mph on salt water with a sport cruiser layout/performance' hull (nice deadrise for 'a cruiser'), with the 6.2 liter small (kit) blocks - all day long. What are we going to do without access to the tech/engineers of these girls. Why hasn't any 'acquisition/take over company' picked them up, like the 20 or so other common boat 'companies' that got bought out after bankruptcy (yes 20 or so LARGE boat manufacturors.). I am 'out of the PQ loop' until getting into this forum. Thanks (East Coast/...)
Old 05-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRPowerQuest280
Why hasn't any 'acquisition/take over company' picked them up, like the 20 or so other common boat 'companies' that got bought out after bankruptcy (yes 20 or so LARGE boat manufacturors.). I am 'out of the PQ loop' until getting into this forum. Thanks (East Coast/...)
There were some attempts at starting them back up, but they failed. Not sure why, and I've never read why. There is a thread here about it - looooonnnnngggg thread. The answers may be in there, I read enough to know it was dead (molds gone, real estate up for sale, etc).

Shame, they are some great boats.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by apollard
There were some attempts at starting them back up, but they failed. Not sure why, and I've never read why. There is a thread here about it - looooonnnnngggg thread. The answers may be in there, I read enough to know it was dead (molds gone, real estate up for sale, etc).

Shame, they are some great boats.
I drove by the factory a couple of months ago,the molds are sitting outside in a fenced in yard.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered

Interesting. Could've sworn I read in the other thread they were gone, but that thread is huge, so probably not. Wonder if they are still trying to sell the molds & such.