Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
290 Enticer With Supercharger's? >

290 Enticer With Supercharger's?

Notices

290 Enticer With Supercharger's?

Old 08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 290 Enticer With Supercharger's?

Hi everyone, I now have a 1999 Raizor, but am looking to up grade to the Enticer. One of my dreams is to build a boat with blower's. I checked out a 98 and a 97 this last weekend, and noticed on thes older carb model there may not be enough room to get a pro charger in there. I am looking at the newer 99 and 00 model's with the mpi 310 454's in them. It looks like in the picture's that I have seen there may be more room at the front of the motor with these engine's. So I guess what I am asking is, does any one have supercharger experience with the Enticer's either carb or efi? Can anyone pull some measurement's between the front of the 454 mpi efi motor's to the back of the back seat. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 290 with the 7.4 mpi's I'll get some measurements out to u probably Wednesday along with pics to give you an idea of what u would be working with. I'm also going to be looking at going up to a 34/38 soon so may want to check out my boat... its under the "upgrades to 290" thread has fresh mitcher t paint this year, painted dashes, JL Audio sound system, 25p mirage plus's labbed to 24 by BBlades, gets 70 on gps... great boat I love it just looking to get into a Vyper or avenger with blue power...
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
I have a 290 with the 7.4 mpi's I'll get some measurements out to u probably Wednesday along with pics to give you an idea of what u would be working with. I'm also going to be looking at going up to a 34/38 soon so may want to check out my boat... its under the "upgrades to 290" thread has fresh mitcher t paint this year, painted dashes, JL Audio sound system, 25p mirage plus's labbed to 24 by BBlades, gets 70 on gps... great boat I love it just looking to get into a Vyper or avenger with blue power...
Thank you, that will be such a big help!!! I was just looking at the pic's of your boat last night with the new paint. Very very nice looking boat! Thanks again for your help, think about what you are going to want out of your boat and let me know. Looking to upgrade sometime between now and next summer. Yours would definatley have everything I am looking for. I don't remember, did it have the weekender package with shorepower, microwave, and fridge?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got bored and ran out today to snag some pics...

As you can see pretty tight with the back of the seat.... not impossible but tons of room on either side of the engines, and approx 11" from the top of the motor to the sunpad. Not sure the 7.4mpi is the motors you want to do it with... the mags would be much more fit for the extra power... but with low boost maybe Ud be alright.
Let me know if u need anymore pictures or specs...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Registered

This is very helpful, thanks alot. You are right it would be very very tight. Pro charger says you need 2.5 inches in front of the power steering pulley to clear the intercooler. It looks like there may not be enough room to get them in there. Lot's of room everywhere else, just not in front of the motors themselves.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rob, if you go with the 310hp, 454, check with a reputable engine builder, i talked to tyler crocket out of MI about that same set up, he wouldnt even sell me the kit, said them engines wouldnt last if i pro charged them, i took his advice
Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
You had the 25's labbed to 24's ? explain please have the same boat same props what rpm's are you turning now any change? thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by srx 780
rob, if you go with the 310hp, 454, check with a reputable engine builder, i talked to tyler crocket out of MI about that same set up, he wouldnt even sell me the kit, said them engines wouldnt last if i pro charged them, i took his advice
First question I always get from any mechanic regarding upgrading power is do I have a the magnum engine? Your internals will not last and I believe it would be very short term with respect to durability and long term with respect to cost for a rebuild. Not worth it.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Registered

If your looking to go fast buy a different hull for big power...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

No offense to PQ. They built a nice boat but are very hard to make fast...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.