Looking for an Avenger >

Looking for an Avenger

Notices

Looking for an Avenger

Old 09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajfisher
How many silencers have you ran? Plus I'm pretty sure the silencer would mash the chop a little better... I can't believe you STILL haven't learned its not how fast you can go it's how long you can go fast... and in how big of water...
How many have u ran? Rode in? Same as me 0. U speculate just as much as me or anyone else on here. I do have some knowledge based on seeing your boat in action as well as riding in it, doing that poker run on t.j.'s 42 fountain and watching 40 other boats that day handle multiple water conditions. And of course operating my boat in a vast aray of weather this summer as well as many bodies of water. I'm pretty sure what conditions keep my boat in the marina or on the trailer will keep a silencer parked right beside me for the reasons.

There's a couple avengers slipped at millers marina on lsc. They might be for sale. Anne the owner might be able to give you some leads if u called the marina. She's a great lady and would help you out I'm sure.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The difference is that I don't claim to have been... plus I know a few people with them or that have had them and know what speeds they were getting out of them with which props; the 288 isn't any faster. PQ's are known for being solid and smooth. I've been on the big water and will be a lot more next season... also torch can get rough enough to make it uncomfortable at high speeds as you found out.

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 09-22-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pq man
I am confused are you guys talking about sunsation? if so what are they world champions of ?
apparently business plans and the ability to weather crappy economies...

On a serious note, they have world championship customer service... pretty sweet when 2nd in command calls you back personally to make sure you were able to find plastic trim tab brackets.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
apparently business plans and the ability to weather crappy economies...

On a serious note, they have world championship customer service... pretty sweet when 2nd in command calls you back personally to make sure you were able to find plastic trim tab brackets.
All right Kid 288 I like to read your replyes and you make my day at work go by faster,and unlike the sunsation cult we will not all jump on you like the Sunsation cult did when you posted that video of you running your 288 but,

As far as Sunsation been in busines they still have 07 sitting around for sale,I could be wrong but what I heard when they built the plug for the 36 they had all the local costumers help them because most of the help was laid off,and every time they sell a boat they start all this threads telling everyone they sold a boat,come on we dont all care that Sunsation sold a boat.

As far as Joe or Wayne answering the phone when you call the factory? well maybe if they where busy they would have a secretary answer and if they are so much about costumer service why dont they fix all the headliners that alot of sunsation owners are having?

and for the fake step?if it worked why did they add a real step in 05?

And as far as PQ going out of bussines all I can tell you its not because the quality of the boats they built.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 AM
Registered

And Ill tell you one more thing,
the thing that make Sunsation stand out is hands down Mitcher T
Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatnt
All right Kid 288 I like to read your replyes and you make my day at work go by faster,and unlike the sunsation cult we will not all jump on you like the Sunsation cult did when you posted that video of you running your 288 but,

As far as Sunsation been in busines they still have 07 sitting around for sale,I could be wrong but what I heard when they built the plug for the 36 they had all the local costumers help them because most of the help was laid off,and every time they sell a boat they start all this threads telling everyone they sold a boat,come on we dont all care that Sunsation sold a boat.

As far as Joe or Wayne answering the phone when you call the factory? well maybe if they where busy they would have a secretary answer and if they are so much about costumer service why dont they fix all the headliners that alot of sunsation owners are having?

and for the fake step?if it worked why did they add a real step in 05?

And as far as PQ going out of bussines all I can tell you its not because the quality of the boats they built.

This is a good article if ya got time.

http://features.boats.com/boat-conte...rformance-gap/

I think its cool they broadcast boats being ordered and keep the Sunsation nation informed, I enjoy seeing them come together from mold to mitcher t paint layouts.

As for local guys helping at the shop, that's the beauty of Sunsation, a small boat company with owners, workers and customers all on the same page and helping eachother out. You'd never see that with a company like Baja, and look where there at.

As far as I no everyone is back to work at Sunsation.

I never sed Joe or Wayne answer the calls but they have called me back and that's awesome.

My boats an 03' and the headliners fine.

As for the step, to be honest, the step in my boat and even in the silencers are useless. They arnt even in the running surfaces IMO.

It's called r&d. My hull design was a good design, worked great for many years. In 05 it was time to step it up (literally) and they did. How much performance gain there actually was, now thats arguable as is most everything in the boating world with never actually being able to duplicate water conditions, wind etc. You get the point.

Every Sunsation owner I've met in person so far is a fantastic person. And I'm really proud to be among the ranks. That mixed with the companies focus on building great boats, looking to the future, and standing by there product from what I've heard and seen, puts me in another Sunsation after this one and prolly one after that.

And as for them having new 07's sitting around, your gonna find that with every manufacturer. its no joke the economies trash and the credit crunch has bone many would be boat owners, hell it almost kept me out of a USED boat and I got spotless credit and a decent job! My boat was ordered for the 03 model year by a guy, couldn't afford to take delivery on it so he just made interest only payments on it till 05'. That's when Steve heard bout it and went and snagged it out from under him. Hell just the other day I called on a brand new never titled 2007 28 challenger with a 600 sci, it was a dealer repo, just another example of why u sometimes seen new past model stuff sitting around.

Don't think I'm on here to start crap, cause I'm not. I like to joke and I'm a giant sponge when it comes to learning and knowing about what interests me, which as of this year with the sale of my car, BOATS. I was curious about the avenger issues that were mentioned and that led into a silencer taking bigger waves than my boat and I honestly can't say I agree with that, half step, fake step or full step aside.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Hey Im glad you like your boat and you should,its a very nice boat!
as far as Sunsation goes,they are trying to survive tough times just like everyone else and I give them credit for that!

as far as that article you posted,dont beleive everything you read,checkmate and sunsation are not selling the boats you think they are.

as far as the guys over at the sunsation site,well they beat you up pretty bad after you posted that video.

I dont think your here to start crap as a matter of fact I enjoy reading you post/replyes

and as far as Sunsation Broadcasting on the boating sites everytime they sell or take a order for a boat is a way for them to keep their name out there,
same thing we do at the shop I work at,when we are slow we bring our cars by the bay door and open the the hoods,making the public think we are busy,we have a name for that we call them lookers.

on a serious note the vortec step are useless and only there to fool people thinking they have a step bottom boat,and that came straight from Joes mouth at the Chicago boat show back around 2002,

Last edited by boatnt; 09-22-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a decent article for you looking at the Avenger... its on the poker run edition but still you get decent specs and an idea of what they thought about it and its handling/performance.

http://www.boatingmag.com/powerquest-38-running-mate
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Registered

A good friend has a 2002 PQ twin step 380 ,the boat is balanced just right and handles great,never a suprise on the ride especially around turns.and the cool thing is its a hull that PQ designed themselves
Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 752 Likes on 405 Posts

The early twin step 380's definitely had their share of hull problems. As stated above, most went back to the factory and had modifications done to the strakes to correct the problems. Later hulls were fine. I've ridden several times in a '99 380 with 525SC's and 12" boxes. In calm water, the boat tended to run too flat with Bravo I props. A switch to Hydromotive 5-blades really woke the boat up. In rougher conditions, such as after the Shootout at LOTO, the boat simply ate that water up. PQ's have great mold and gel work, roomy cockpits and cabins, and their interiors hold up well (even their own bolsters vs. the McLeod optioned boats). My only knock on them is their wiring could have been much neater and they should used more bus bars. I've driven both a 2000 280 Silencer and multiple 288 Sunsations (non-stepped hulls before '05). Although similar in size, they are two totally different boats IMO. Both are fine boats with their strong and weak points. It is a shame PQ closed their doors. The '99 380 I mentioned above might be able to be bought. I beleive one of the motors broke and is out of the boat at this time. If it is something you would be interested in I can give the owner a heads up on this thread. He is not on the site as much as he used to be in the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.