Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
PQ General Discussion >

PQ General Discussion

Notices

PQ General Discussion

Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
  #1  
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MID MI
Posts: 2,832
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PQ General Discussion

Figured since we highjack everyone else's threads with 30 pages of nonsense and general BS we could have a thread of it instead... of course the world champions and other non-PQ brands are welcome also
AJ POWERPLAY is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
  #2  
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sudbury Ontario
Posts: 2,771
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Ok, I'll bite......mine's faster than yours.
verbi69 is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
  #3  
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MID MI
Posts: 2,832
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Mines bigger... but shhh
AJ POWERPLAY is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
  #4  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Lenox IL
Posts: 329
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

i'm still trying to get wet at least one more time this year.
specialk is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Vyper MCOB

What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.
bert4332 is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MCHENRY IL
Posts: 792
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ajfisher View Post
Figured since we highjack everyone else's threads with 30 pages of nonsense and general BS we could have a thread of it instead... of course the world champions and other non-PQ brands are welcome also
Lets get them pics and video up from the river shiver
PWRQUEST is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MCHENRY IL
Posts: 792
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.
the revenge is a small but tall boat......i think it would be the perfect boat to cut up.....
PWRQUEST is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 PM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: coal city il
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

xlt 185 reping, not much of us left
xlt86 is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 05:11 AM
  #9  
Registered
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MID MI
Posts: 2,832
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
What's the approximate top end of a Vyper with 496s? I need a bigger boat, and I want a MCOB, so I've been looking at Advantages and Sunnys. I love the way me boat handles, so call my nutz or whatever, but I'm looking at possibly buying a Vyper and cutting the bow out. I've got a guy who's done two older Cobalts and they look good, not exactly a Sunny, but the same level as all the others. I think the Vyper would be perfect, perhaps a Revenge, but I've never been in one, so not sure about the size.
Wow. Quite a project but I'm not sure a PQ is the right choice they are much deeper than say a sunny or Nordic, plus as you stated the build quality would be less bc it wouldn't be built in the mold... obviously you are going to get a much nicer ride in a Vyper as opposed to the others but sounds like more work than its worth. As far as speed with 496HO's should be around 78-79 with the right props
AJ POWERPLAY is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:55 AM
  #10  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 4,349
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST View Post
the revenge is a small but tall boat......i think it would be the perfect boat to cut up.....
380 with 500s ,340 with 496s,300 with 496s,you cant go wrong with the 300,if speed is whats your after.

yeah they are tall!and FAAAAAAAST!!
Attached Thumbnails PQ General Discussion-pq.jpg  
boatnt is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser