Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw >

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Notices

whats the ride diff between 280 silencer an baja 29 outlaw

Old 06-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Josh. Not trying to derail the thread but all boats get stress cracks. I have friends with Pq, Sunsation, Baja, Pantera, Scarab, OL, Active Thunder, Fountain, Cig, Donzi, Blackthunder and they all have cracks as I do on my Powerplay. Not calling ya out bro just letting ya know they all have them LOL. And don't listen to AJ, he is one 28 Sunsation banging, walking, porposing loving mo fo...
Old 06-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh, you dont have my old boat do you? Adrenaline? I boat in the Atlantic and sold i to guy in SC,

btw: my old 280 had quite a few stress cracks, my new Concept has a couple but nothing like the PQ, my old 95 257 PQ didnt have any that I can remember

A 290 OL is a lot bigger boat than a 280, the cabin is huge in the OL, the OL will also be more stable and predictable of a ride, I dont consider it to be an apples to apples comparison
Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Hey Josh. Not trying to derail the thread but all boats get stress cracks. I have friends with Pq, Sunsation, Baja, Pantera, Scarab, OL, Active Thunder, Fountain, Cig, Donzi, Blackthunder and they all have cracks as I do on my Powerplay. Not calling ya out bro just letting ya know they all have them LOL. And don't listen to AJ, he is one 28 Sunsation banging, walking, porposing loving mo fo...
My boat dosent have any. Not sure if ya know my background but im a automotive painter and collision repair, custom paint on boats cars and bikes is what i do for a living so i def know what im looking for. And my boat does not have any......yet anyway. Lol. The last boat i painted had a shot load of them. It was a 24 webbcraft. Nice boat thoe. I did air my 280 out on a cruzer wave yesterday so i might wanna check again. Haha.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pete280
Josh, you dont have my old boat do you? Adrenaline? I boat in the Atlantic and sold i to guy in SC,

btw: my old 280 had quite a few stress cracks, my new Concept has a couple but nothing like the PQ, my old 95 257 PQ didnt have any that I can remember

A 290 OL is a lot bigger boat than a 280, the cabin is huge in the OL, the OL will also be more stable and predictable of a ride, I dont consider it to be an apples to apples comparison
No i met the guy that had my boat new. Hes on here somewhere. It was from missouri originally. Went to new york then Charleston sc. And then to me. The baja 272 is the apples to apples comparison for the 280. the 280 is actually 27'7" with equal power the 280 is generally 5 to 7 mph faster than the 272 due to the step hull. Cornering is sacrificed by the step hull thoe. Twin engine boats are always more stable.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
Who said PQ were custom build dick? Were i boat at all the baja ownes THINK baja is the baddest best fastest boat on the market and i get sick of hearing it. The majority of them have never heard of anything other than a baja or fountain and thay call them all "cigar boats". Its not necessarily that baja is an inferior boat its the quality of the owners that i am around that i have a problem with.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Im just a baja hater guys. Cant help it. Got a bad tast in my mouth due to baja owners in my home town. And im sick of the ignorant people that look at my boat and say "nice baja" it only says powerquest on all 4 sides in big black letters. I kills me. Lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by PQKEV

Do you get that all the time too?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Im just a baja hater guys. Cant help it. Got a bad tast in my mouth due to baja owners in my home town. And im sick of the ignorant people that look at my boat and say "nice baja" it only says powerquest on all 4 sides in big black letters. I kills me. Lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Do you get that all the time too?
No fortunately I live in the home town of the late great PQ where everybody knows your name!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

I think your right on about the Baja lovers tho, just think thats
funny chit! Cigar boats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.