Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34 >

Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34

Notices

Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34

Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34

Recently sold our 240 Antera SX looking to move up to a bigger PQ. Would really like to find a 2001 or newer 290. But will look at everything 98 and newer. Have cash will travel anywhere in the Midwest. Like everyone one else kind of picky on motors, hours, colors, trailer, etc. So if you have a 290,300 or 340 you want to sell PM me. Probably looking under 60k over that it would have to be a really nice boat.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Sent u a pm
Old 08-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Default New Boat

Picked up a 2004 300 revenge the other weekend absolutely love the boat. I wanted to thank all of you guys for your help and offers.
I think I have read almost everything on here pertaining to the revenge’s. If anyone has any pointers on how to drive this boat please feel free. Some observations that I have so far (twin 496HO, 28P Bravo 1’s turning in)
I am use to a single gear and throttle leaver but I am getting use to dual sticks. First time out I got a little close to the dock while backing and pushed the throttle forward to slow down, to my surprise it only made it worse, I guess old habits are hard to break, didn’t hit but almost. Not sure who wrote it on here but thank you for the advice of trimming the drives up while docking, that really helped seems to give me a little more control. I am not ready to try spinning the props out. It’s all my little brain can do now to remember which gear shift to have where.
Going fast it seems the boat likes all the trim you can throw at it and very little tab (k-planes) but it does seem a little loose top end. Seems like it is hard to get the bow up, but maybe that is the way the boat is designed with the twin steps, they still scare me a little I am worried about spinning out. Previous owner says 81MPH on the GPS Speedo, I think that is impossible more like 72-75mph (about 4800-4900RPM). But maybe I am driving it wrong first boat with twins.
Boat rides great and takes boat wake and waves like a champ with usually a very soft landing, if we catch a little air.
Anyway thanks again guys and any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34-photo-1.jpg

Looking for a new to me PQ 29-34-photo-2.jpg
Old 08-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice boat! Bought my Vyper this year too and it is my first boat ever. Go slow, take your time and exercise the virtue of patience!!

I spent one entire day of driving in and out of marinas practicing docking and turning around. Time well spent!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

I have a 290 enticer and its my first twin engine boat, have had it for about 2.5yrs now and man the twins are much more manuvarable than a single. Try one forward and one reverse and the boat will turn on a dime, then turn the wheel and its like you have bow thrusters, it will just walk right to the dock, take your time and becarful!! congrats on new boat!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

U might be surprised how much more u can get out of it. Seems like they have There sweet spot on trim. I can cruise 38 to 40 at 3200 rpm my buddy (Baja) Guy Could only get 33 out of same rpm