34vyper vs34 phantom >

34vyper vs34 phantom

Notices

34vyper vs34 phantom

Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 34vyper vs34 phantom

Anybody been in a phantom, how would you rate ride,cabin, fit n finish....compared to the pq

With same power say 500's would it be apples to apples

I Know I posted in the pq forum and not general discussion .but what the hell
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not even in the same league. Phantom is sleek and fast, great build and fit and finish. Pq is a really nice production boat geared towards families with a nice cabin and amenities. Two different animals.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two completely different boats aimed at completely different buyers.... Phantom is a sit down boat with very little room compared to the PQ... With same power it is going to blow the doors off the vyper. If you plan on hammering down fast as Hell go with the phantom, any other overnighting, partying, etc... Go withthe PQ, they are the biggest 34 you will find
Old 11-21-2012, 04:52 AM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by ajfisher
Two completely different boats aimed at completely different buyers.... Phantom is a sit down boat with very little room compared to the PQ... With same power it is going to blow the doors off the vyper. If you plan on hammering down fast as Hell go with the phantom, any other overnighting, partying, etc... Go withthe PQ, they are the biggest 34 you will find
Well put.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Registered

So would the phantom's cockpit/cabin be similar to fountain 35....I get the phantom would be faster but what about ride in the slop
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

Smaller cabin and cockpit. Sit down boat with glass hatch. Fast as fuk and runs awesome in the slop.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Missed the part about sit down,what's the pp sit down or standup, would it be faster then the phantom... Just curious on the differences...I would like my next ride to be in the 33-35 range, so many friggn choices vyper,lightning,phantom,pp, even a cafe racer could be in this bracket I suppose..
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

PP is stand up with a decent sized cabin. Phantom is faster due to step. Both are at the top of the class ride wise. You won't find better riding boats in that size.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Hey Pat looking to go bigger are we?! Am I gonna need to crate up the other 522" and send it up to ya? lol

You picked some great boats...just happen to be almost complete polar opposites. LOL As mentioned, really gotta decide on your boating style. All very well built boats - Phantom as the choice for a hot rod, powerquest for family/extended boating and the PP as the middle of the road choice for all-around boating with some overnighting.

Give me a heads up if your interested in the other 522". have it in the powerplay now, but have other options that would work if you want this one. Might open up the options if you already have power. There's been some great deals out there that are minus power.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered

Hey Neil,
Funny my wife just asked me if I was bi polar.....yep that other 522 would be nice!
Just haven't seen a phantom up close, they look nice-there is a nice one in the classfied for decent coin & a red 35 fountain (sommerflies by) he's on here as well and it looks nice. Or just stick with brand I know- pq!?

Only things around here are baja,fountain, couple thunders, 1 nordic, more baja's & a few formulas...

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Hey Pat looking to go bigger are we?! Am I gonna need to crate up the other 522" and send it up to ya? lol

You picked some great boats...just happen to be almost complete polar opposites. LOL As mentioned, really gotta decide on your boating style. All very well built boats - Phantom as the choice for a hot rod, powerquest for family/extended boating and the PP as the middle of the road choice for all-around boating with some overnighting.

Give me a heads up if your interested in the other 522". have it in the powerplay now, but have other options that would work if you want this one. Might open up the options if you already have power. There's been some great deals out there that are minus power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.