380 trailer set up >

380 trailer set up

Notices

380 trailer set up

Old 12-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 380 trailer set up

Looking at buying a used myco 38' trailer. It would be going under a 380. Trailer was originally set up for a Fountain. Any idea if it would be a good fit or if it require heavy re-bunking? The trailer is the one on here in the classifieds at legend marine. Thoughts on price?

Ricky
Old 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would buy a brand new one from Manning for 2k more.

Remember you will probable have 1500 ish into it cutting off the bunks and replacing them so the 380 fits.

Used trailers aren't worth it unless they fit your boat, IMO.

I did buy a used one that was for my boat but a different year, hence I know the $ to get it right. The difference is I bought it right so I will still be ok.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Registered

I agree with Pwraddr. I had my trailer for my 340 built by Manning for the boat. It is an aluminum that is bunked correctly for the steps. I love it!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diggin H20
I agree with Pwraddr. I had my trailer for my 340 built by Manning for the boat. It is an aluminum that is bunked correctly for the steps. I love it!
I spoke with Ron at Manning, nice guy, I need the bunks moved up down the center of the trailer. It was for a 99 Vyper, mines a 02 and the bottoms are clearly different in the center. The outside are perfect.

I'll take it over once the weather breaks so I am ready for summer.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Default Trailer Bunks

The guys are right , Ricky, you'd have waaaay more work into it than it's worth, especially with the huge difference in hull form between a Fountain and a Powerquest. When you do get a trailer, put these on the bunks and you'll be a happy camper:
Surfix Bunk Slides.......

http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

I mounted these on treated 2x4's after removing the broken, nasty, dirty carpeted boards that come on my Integrity trailer. The carpeted boards hold water and dirt, and scratch the hull, plus they rust the trailer!

Good Luck,
Paul