Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
PQ problems or advice >

PQ problems or advice

Notices

PQ problems or advice

Old 06-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wont be disappointed with the PQ. They are great boats. I have not seen another PQ where I boat, but I like that.
What size/model baja arer you test driving? Have you driven the PQ yet?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

I have looked at bajas before and they just felt cheap on the inside. Since I am in Michigan there are a ton of powerquest around me and I love them. The amount of room compared to the fountain and checkmate is really nice (I have buddies with both). I like to think of powerquest as almost a poor mans formula.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:08 AM
jus roamn
Platinum Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kicker82
I have looked at bajas before and they just felt cheap on the inside. Since I am in Michigan there are a ton of powerquest around me and I love them. The amount of room compared to the fountain and checkmate is really nice (I have buddies with both). I like to think of powerquest as almost a poor mans formula.
Powerquest did follow a lot of designs from Formula. I think of them as an affordable Formula-like boat.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

The baja is a 275 boss, really nice, both boats have their features that I like. Not sure which way to go. I guess i could wait till one sells and buy the other one.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

IME, the build quality of the PQ is much better than the Baja. It will hold up better. The only area I've had to 'fix' on mine has been the wiring - while the hulls & interior are above average build some of the electrical was average construction for the marine industry. I've seen big name factory boats with worse. Some of the connections will need some work after a while.

Heck, mine is a '94 with original vinyl, foam and wood on the interior. Only a few surface cracks on the deck or hull and everything still working (seat hardware, etc). It's not babied either, it get wet everyweekend and stored outside. A buddy has a '02 and the quality seems just as high. You'll be hard pressed to find better value IMO.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the input. I think the boat is in really good shape. I may go try to make him an offer this weekend if i can get away from this dang job long enough.