My new "cottage"

Notices

My new "cottage"

Old 10-25-2002, 12:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new "cottage"

Well here are some pictures, I closed on the "Cottage" about 3 weeks ago, We are just getting settled in. Carpet and flooring installed, I fixed a few leaks and other stupid things you find when you get a new home. All in all it is really nice and should be kick ass for boating next summer. It is in the Colony area on the north channel of the St. Clair River. Just about 1/2 mile east of Deckers Landing.

Front:
Attached Thumbnails My new "cottage"-cottage1.jpg  

Last edited by Raypanic; 10-25-2002 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Back yard:
Attached Thumbnails My new "cottage"-cottage2.jpg  
Old 10-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Front / Canal view
Attached Thumbnails My new "cottage"-cottage3.jpg  
Old 10-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ray, looks like a great place to have next years PQ OSO party

Gotta love those views
Old 10-25-2002, 02:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Sounds Good to me! 2 - 3' of water in the channel right at the rear of the house. It goes out about 100 yards before it drops off to 60' Nice sandy bottom too! Great rafting area. There goes the neighborhood!! P.S. I am leaving for there right now, no internet yet, Dial up doesn't work either because of bad phone lines.... Se ya!
Old 10-26-2002, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ray,

Very nice place. My wife grew up in Alogonac and we currently live on a canal back by metro so we know the area pretty well. That would be an ideal place to have a PQ party. My buddy has a 38 PQ (You took a photo of us back at the fall boat show)and I have a 28 PQ. Do you have wells? Are you going to install a hoist? We are currently in the process of getting our permits for one. If you need a hoist guy, I know a guy that does great work.

Rick

Last edited by Scheuer10; 10-26-2002 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2002, 04:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Rick, I have an estimate on replacing the boat well with a new one, I am not sure what I am going to do yet. The longest I could go with the well would be 39' because of set backs and such. I may go with an elevator lift mounted on the side of the canal. This way I could accomodate a larger boat. Problem is with that it would be harder to shelter the boat from the weather than in the well. I have been fixing inside stuff latel and have not put much thought to the well yet. I need to decide because the permits take 6 month or better to get approved.

There is a 10K hoist there now(new in 1997). Problem is the well can only accomodate a 26' boat O well, such problems to have....
Old 11-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

Ray...Love the cottage. The River is a great view. You'll love watching the freighters at night. Hopefully when you have the PQ party you'll be able to squeeze in a 40' Formula SS. Got our plans in place to purchase boat in January or February.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hey 96, Glad to here from you! There will be pleny of room for your SS, I am on the north channel just west of Sassy's - No freighters there but plenty of other boats to watch. How is your little one doing? Sleeping through the night I hope.

I did not ride the 46' I thought it best not to ( would of bought it ) I would agree it needs more power. Triples would be fine but maintenence would be too much I think. I still have my eye on a 42 Cig (wish list). The new sunsation SS396 looks good in concept too.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Ray, the little one has been sleeping through the nights since 8 weeks!!! She loves to sleep which is making life (or nights) pretty nice.

Your right, no freighters west of Sassy. Thought you were on the St. Clair River. You must be on the North Channel between Deckers and Sassy??

If you got the cottage on the water, I would skip the cabin room and buy the Cig You will be spending most of your nights in the house when done boating for the day.

Quick Reply: My new "cottage"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.