Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Powerquest
New to this brand... >

New to this brand...

Notices

New to this brand...

Old 05-22-2019, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 832 Likes on 352 Posts

Maverick was dangerous. Took a lot of risks. Can’t blame him for feeling responsible for Goose’s catastrophe.

I’ve always installed an ejection seat in every vehicle/ boat/ motorcycle I’ve owned. GE, Pratt and Whitney, 15hp merc, ejections seats should be mandatory.

I enjoy the maintenance with my single Baja but if I planned on heading offshore regularly yes I’d want twins just for peace of mind if nothing else.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

A few years back at LOTO on the week of the Shootout we were headed to Fish & Co. for lunch to see all the MTI's roll in on their Thursday fun run and when we came to markers for the course my buddy opened up the boat like he was doing a run. We were only running 70 MPH or so when I saw my other buddy riding shotgun reaching down on both sides of the bolster. I'm like, WTF are you doing? He said I'm looking for the ejection handle! LOL! He gets nervous running over 50 MPH. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming...
Old 05-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by F14A water jet
Goose died because he did not follow the ejection boldface emergency procedure for a flat spin which requires that you manually jettison the canopy before pulling the ejection handle.
And since these boats do not come with ejection seats...I'm looking for twin motors.
A friend ejected over Libya. I would never want to experience that. Goose is still my hero.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 303 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunny32SSR

A friend ejected over Libya. I would never want to experience that. Goose is still my hero.
was this in support of operation Eldorado Canyon? Air Force guy? F-111?