2005 Powerquest 30 Revenge >

2005 Powerquest 30 Revenge

Notices

2005 Powerquest 30 Revenge

Old 09-05-2019, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Powerquest 30 Revenge

Going to look at 30 Revenge on the weekend with 300 hours and has twin 6.2 which I think may be altille small but all stock. Anything I should be looking at ? Are the Revenge model OK ? Had a 260 a few years ago and like the Powerquest brand. Thanks for any info.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:08 PM
jus roamn
Platinum Member

I don't think Powerquest ever put 6.2s in a Revenge. They did make a straight hull 30' and were going to call it a Predator with 6.2s and possibly a single step which was to be a Raptor with those motors. Neither of these worked out until they did the twin step Revenge which I think all had 496s unless someone ordered a blue Merc racing 502. The Revenge is a great hull and handling boat.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jus roamn View Post
I don't think Powerquest ever put 6.2s in a Revenge. They did make a straight hull 30' and were going to call it a Predator with 6.2s and possibly a single step which was to be a Raptor with those motors. Neither of these worked out until they did the twin step Revenge which I think all had 496s unless someone ordered a blue Merc racing 502. The Revenge is a great hull and handling boat.
I see in the pictures it is twin step and told engine are stock but would like to know on the engines if that is possible. Thanks
Old 09-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Registered

Jusroamin there is one in Grand Haven that does have 6.2's. Probably not many made that way, but i think it still run's 70+.

To original poster - great boats with a very roomy cabin for the size. Definitely a sporty ride. JusRoamin has plenty of knowledge of them and knows how to run them.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jus roamn View Post
Just got back from a look and yes 2 step hull 30 Revenge with only 275 hours . Is in very good shape but he is tell me 60 - 65 mph top end . Is there way to up HP without spending a lot of cash or just better keep looking for 496s ? Not that I am top end guy but was hoping for around 70 or so.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:39 PM
jus roamn
Platinum Member

Cool that it is a twin step. I'm sure there are some mods for the 6.2s that will get you in the 70s and if the price is right, I wouldn't be too concerned as that hull is a great design.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If power is your thing. A 30 with superchargered BBC's (seller calming 700 hp each) was on facebook.