?? Best prop for 275 baja

Notices

?? Best prop for 275 baja

Old 04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ?? Best prop for 275 baja

jcimprover,
I'd agree with Brett. The term lab finished is used like "rebuilt". Everyone has a different definition of what it means. Each shop will do something a little different to the prop when "lab finishing". The same goes for blueprinting a prop. Balancing is just what it implies and only has to do with making sure the propeller is balanced. We balance all propellers we work on as do most high performance shops.

As far as working with dealers we work with many dealers. As the largest distributor of Hydromotive in the world we sell props to many dealers and manufacturers. We also do much prop work for dealers all over the country and supply them with props and prop related products from several different manufacturers including Mercury.

We have a test prop program that allows you to try any of our test props and the only cost is shipping. We have an exchange program in the event you are not satisfied with your propeller. The goal is to make sure that when it's all said and done you are more than satisfied your propeller and the entire experience with us.

Matt
Old 04-15-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would attempt to try all the props on the same day. Air temp and humidity with wind direction and wind speed, also changing water conditions can make the boat run 65mph going east into the wind and 68 with the wind. You may think you get a great prop when actually you get great conditions. Brett at B.BLADES and MATT/JULIE at THROTTLEUP are both great.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jcimprover
The drive is Bravo 1X 1.50 ratio
WOT MPH (gps) 62 on any day
WOT RPM 5000-5100 ( I don't have a lot of faith in the tach. On several occasions going through no wake zones it has read 1700-1800 rpm with the throttle pulled all the way back throwing no wake at all)
The first thing I would do is get that tach checked. That isn't right.

I had a 272 with a 502 mag. I switched to a 22 Bravo from a Mirage and loved the improved handling. My boat would run 67 plus on gps. (The mirage was 1 mph faster.) You should be running at least that fast. Could be a bad prop. Definitely give Julie at TU a chance to get you in to a better prop. It will only cost you shipping.