Notices

Throttle Up help!!

Old 05-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Up help!!

I've managed 2 hours on my new to me boat. When I test drove it in September it ran 106. It ran basicaly that for me until yesterday when it started to misbehave at anything over 85. I brought it back in, an as you can see below the prop ( which hit nothing ) developed this crack. They are Hydromotive P5's. I know the guy who you sold these props too but what I don't have is any of the details on the props. Other than the his telling me you sold them (even have the original box from you), pitch and some basics. You guys tuned them for him and you did a great job. I am going to call you tomarrow and arrange shipping them or one of them back to you. My questions are:

1) Can this puppy be fixed, and should I even want too? Should I trust it? Hate to think what would have happended had the piece cracked all the way. What the heck happened to it? THere are no and I mean no marks on either prop to indicate contact with anything.
2) If it can be fixed, I am still thinking of buying an extra set. Short season up here and missing even a day sucks. Would like to have the insurance. If I want another set, do I need to send the other one down as well?
3) Can you turn these around to me so I have them on Friday? Local Fun run next weekend....
4) What is the warrentee on something like this? Not that I don't want to pay, but once I do and it happens again, then what?
5) What's the difference between the P5 and X5?

Lastly the goal is to have something back on the boat that are identical to what these are (and in the one case, was). I will give you all the details of the boat tomarrow...

Many thanks! Hope you can read this so when I call we are both further down the road toward getting me back in the saddle... Here are the pictures....
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Up  help!!-aaa1.jpg   Throttle Up  help!!-aaa2.jpg   Throttle Up  help!!-aaa4.jpg  

Last edited by nolimits; 05-14-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Throttle Up help!!

Thank you for calling nolimits. I can see from the photo that these propellers are Halls Propellers work, ( the Lab Finishing ). Halls thins blades pretty drastically and cracking is not a rare occurance, unfortunately. If you can provide me with the guys name who sold them to you I can pull his records and convert them to your name and we can keep tracking the propellers , historically. Thank you agian for calling.

Julie
Old 05-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Julie,
Thanks for all the time on the phone today and for the calls in the future until I get it.... The props are in route red label and insured 245 bucks!! Yuck, these UPS stores really hurt.... Anyway you will have them tomarrow. Once you scan the things we should probably talk again, I have more questions.... Thank you Prop Godess.....
Old 05-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered

Julie
Old 05-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Any shot at this weekend? Did you get a chance to scan the ones I sent back???
Old 05-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Registered

Still not sure about this weekend. Just wrapping up all the SC and SCL props for the weekends race in Ft. Meyers. I will know more a little later.

Julie
Old 05-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by throttleup
Still not sure about this weekend. Just wrapping up all the SC and SCL props for the weekends race in Ft. Meyers. I will know more a little later.

Julie

Still on knees begging... will you call later?
Old 05-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered

Done and ready to go Steve!

Back on the water again!

Be safe and have a great time!

Julie
AKA: Prop Goddess
Old 05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Throttle Up help!!

Godess,
What can I say??? I am humbled but very excited about the prop turn around time. I fully understand how busy your schedule is right now and and blown away that you pulled this rabit out of a hat. Hope they hold together and help me represent my ride as intended... I won't relax until the second set gets in and we go through that tweak and tune.... Thanks thanks thanks....
Old 05-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Will post pictures before they go on the boat...

Quick Reply: Throttle Up help!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.