Prop shipping boxes >

Prop shipping boxes

Notices

Prop shipping boxes

Old 01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop shipping boxes

Where can you buy boxes to ship props? Thanks!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.chicagocase.com/product.php?catid=55&id=35
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Registered

I have a set of those but I was afraid to use them for shipping due to possibility of breaking. Have you used them or know someone who has?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spine build a set out of plywood & a couple 2x4s and cut handles in the sides for shipping .we've tried the other cases and always broken & bent blades .even herring sends them now in a plywood box .its worth the 20 mins to save the B/S damage claims ..does'nt have to be nothing pretty ..good luck
Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Plywood, 2 x 4's, and a round dowel rod through the center.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

I'm in OK and they are 38 herrings. I imagine shipping the boxes would be pretty expensive but I apreciate the offer.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

We ship in custom cardboard boxes with tip protectors and a wooden dowel. We also carry and sell the hardshell cases from Chicago case. The ones for the Long Hub Hering propellers sell for $175. Our customers have used these to ship propellers for years. We often put the hard shell cases inside cardboard also.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
We ship in custom cardboard boxes with tip protectors and a wooden dowel. We also carry and sell the hardshell cases from Chicago case. The ones for the Long Hub Hering propellers sell for $175. Our customers have used these to ship propellers for years. We often put the hard shell cases inside cardboard also.
Ask JIM Herring about the special cardboard,tip protectors and props bolted to plywood with threaded rod and see all the damage claims/reapairs with UPS that they ship in plywood crates now ... I've seen herrings get delivered with an ear hangin out the cardboard and 2" broke off ...my .02
Old 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

RunninHot,

I don't care how you package them, when you deal with UPS Fed Ex etc., they will find a way to damage containers! We've been shipping in custom designed heavy duty cardboard crates for years both here and in our previous lives at Mercury Racing. Nothing is perfect but the damage percent has to be in the 1% range and we ship propellers all over the world daily.

Taking care to deleop the best fit is very important. We have done that. Yes, hard cases are the better way to go! We can not supply hard shell cases for every repair or adjustment we do because of obvious reasons. We do love it when customers ship in them though. That is another reason we carry the cases in our product line.

Remember, insure the propellers for their full value whenever shipping them in any container. If damage occurs, take pictures, save the boxes and contact the shipper immediately. If they refuse coverage at first, push it! You will get coverage.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
RunninHot,

I don't care how you package them, when you deal with UPS Fed Ex etc., they will find a way to damage containers! We've been shipping in custom designed heavy duty cardboard crates for years both here and in our previous lives at Mercury Racing. Nothing is perfect but the damage percent has to be in the 1% range and we ship propellers all over the world daily.

Taking care to deleop the best fit is very important. We have done that. Yes, hard cases are the better way to go! We can not supply hard shell cases for every repair or adjustment we do because of obvious reasons. We do love it when customers ship in them though. That is another reason we carry the cases in our product line.

Remember, insure the propellers for their full value whenever shipping them in any container. If damage occurs, take pictures, save the boxes and contact the shipper immediately. If they refuse coverage at first, push it! You will get coverage.
Sorry to Hijack your thread TINGLER , Thnx for the heads up Brett i would'nt be as concerned with Bravos but the Cleavers are a must and for me/us my 12 year old can build a hard shell in 15 mins so its good ins and not worth the fight with UPS . there friggin animals i've gotten drives with forklift tire marks over the box and shafts & skags broken & gone ..See ya in spring for that 26

Quick Reply: Prop shipping boxes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.